Jojo McGlaston dismissed from Bradley basketball team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jojo McGlaston dismissed from Bradley basketball team

Jojo McGlaston was dismissed from the team today for multiple violations of team standards.

He will remain in school, on scholarship, and plans to graduate in the spring, but will no longer be part of the team.

Jojo was averaging 20.6 minutes per game (6th highest on the team and the most of any non-starter), and was averaging 6.4 ppg (5th highest on team) and 3.9 rpg (5th highest on team)-

That is too bad, he is very talented.....it is now being reported that Jojo was suspended for the Lewis exhibition game...
    but at that time - it was said that "he was on a leave of absence due to personal reasons."

Comment

Bradley announcement-

Bradley Braves‏
      @BradleyBraves
      BU Basketball Roster News: Senior guard JoJo McGlaston will no longer be part of the Bradley basketball program due to consistent violations of team standards.

10:24 AM - 7 Dec 2017

Comment

Definitely hurts the team this season...but I wasn't a fan of his game...so it won't bother me that much.

Comment

While not having him will hurt, it won??™t hurt as much as it would??™ve in previous seasons. RS will see an increase in playing time, as probably will LL, but we have the depth to overcome this and still compete. And I??™m glad to see Wardle won??™t tolerate people breaking rules.

Comment

My compliments and respect to Coach Wardle.

Comment

Regardless of what he brings on the court, props to Brian Wardle and his staff for not putting up with anything. I agree with many of you that this was not the case during the Geno Ford area. I want to win but I want to do it with a clean team that works hard and respects authority/rules of the program.

Comment

Darn, But I Understand

You hate to see this happen to good student athletes. I liked Jo Jo as a player and I am a little surprised to learn of this. I wish Jo Jo well. We have to trust in Coach Wardle. I think we all feel that he is going about the re-competitiveness in the correct way. We are deep enough to absorb this even though, in my view, Jo Jo was the best athlete on the team. Go Braves!!

Comment

I'm a big fan of Jojo and will miss his very athletic dunks and blocked shots. I'm disappointed that he put himself in this position and he is letting his teammates and fans down. It is refreshing to have a coach that has high standards and makes his players accountable for their actions. I'm pleased to hear Jojo will be allowed to continue his education and graduate from Bradley. I wish nothing but the best for Jojo in the future.

Comment

Jojo

Before you all jump to conclusions about Jojo notice what his Mother says in a tweet about this situation.Remember Wardle has a history of homophobic
                    Insults and verbal abuse before coming to Bradley.

Comment

I have seen that and it is reminiscent of the situation we had a few years ago with Tyrone Cole-Scott.
                      I think you also have to choose cautiously whether to believe and "not jump to conclusions" when reading an impromptu Twitter comment, supposedly from his mother jumping to his defense.
                      But I haven't seen anyone go after Jojo - the fans wish him the best -

also....as for...
                      Originally posted by carter View Post
                      ...has a history of homophobic
                      Insults and verbal abuse ...
                      I disagree -- there were charges, but they were investigated and per reports
                      UWGB "commissioned attorney Joseph Nicks to lead an independent investigation of the coach.
                      After Nicks turned in his 39-page report, however, UWGB chancellor Thomas Harden decided that Wardle could keep his job"

many of the charges were not supported by facts and Brian Wardle stated to the media
                      "the version of events you are reporting is inaccurate. I have fully cooperated with the independent investigator,
                      as have our players and coaches. I fully expect the eyewitnesses to these allegations you are reporting will contradict the version you are reporting."

so, I would think we are dealing with something that will never be proven and I think Coach Wardle deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                        many of the charges were not supported by facts and Brian Wardle stated to the media
                        "the version of events you are reporting is inaccurate. I have fully cooperated with the independent investigator,
                        as have our players and coaches. I fully expect the eyewitnesses to these allegations you are reporting will contradict the version you are reporting."

so, I would think we are dealing with something that will never be proven and I think Coach Wardle deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I feel compelled to add some facts regarding this point about the issues Coach Wardle had in 2013 at Wisconsin-Green Bay. Check out this summary article-
                        It took more than a month for Wisconsin-Green Bay to fully evaluate claims that coach Brian Wardle mistreated players, but the university has found that "a good deal of what was alleged did not occur." As a result, Wardle will … Continue reading

Wardle was investigated for more than a month by an independent investigator, not someone employed by the school or who would be biased toward any side. In the end, they concluded that "a good deal of what was alleged did not occur."
                        Coach Wardle was retained in his job, and received no fines or suspension. The only form of "punishment" was a letter of reprimand because "some of Wardle's words were obscene or vulgar".

Plus, recall that our new AD, Chris Reynolds, and the Board of Trustees subcommittee who conducted the coaching search also did their own in-depth investigation in March, 2015, into these past claims regarding Coach Wardle, and they were completely satisfied with what they found.

Comment

nonetheless, I hate to see this kind of difference of opinion...but obviously this is not something that just blew up this week....
                          Dave Reynolds said:
                          "McGlaston sat out the Lewis exhibition game in October for the same reason." (he has since removed that statement from the column)

If indeed it was "the same reason" at least once before, then this is similar to the rules issues we had with Warren Jones, Xzavier Taylor, and others...who were given repeat opportunities to comply with team rules then were dismissed when they did not.

One more thing...lots of fans & donors verbalized their desire to see our staff go out and land a couple juco kids (even tho several of our top targets were juco kids but they went "higher"). Well, we did, and one is now dismissed & the other is 12th in playing time & production.

btw- I see where Dave Reynolds has Tweeted directly and publicly to Jojo McGlaston's mother saying
                          "This is Dave Reynolds from the Journal Star. If you have a specific accusation regarding Brian Wardle’s treatment of JoJo,
                          please elaborate to me at dreynolds@pjstar.com. Please include your phone number if I need to call you. Thanks."

Jojo's mother then responds with--
                          "Replying to @DaveReynolds2 ...
                          Will do"

So I anticipate we are gonna hear more altho just like the Tyrone Cole-Scott situation, it is gonna get one-sided since our coaching staff will be bound by Federal regulations from making any comment or giving their viewpoint or defending themselves.

Comment

Jojo's mother is claiming some kind of "violations of his rights".

I would like to know more about this claim. As I have said before, college sports can sometimes be rather ruthless, and that is unfortunate when it happens and affects a young athlete. But, what "rights" could have been violated. Maybe DR can enlighten us?

I am happy to hear that Jojo will remain on scholarship and is on track to get his degree from Bradley next spring.

Comment

Well, this is the last thing we needed. Something to divide our players and impede our progress..

Now that all these speculations comments are being thrown out it creates a need for specifics, when it was probably in the best interest of the young man that we stay above that.

I appreciate all the effort Jo Jo gave us. He is a great athlete who can really throw the ball down.

I hope our team can reunify.
                              Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X