X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Scholarship Grid

Updated Bradley Braves Scholarship Grid as of April 14, 2024

* indicates possible optional 5th year of eligibility

Scholarship grid updated to show the impending commitments of Zek Montgomery and Connor Dillon 4-4-24

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
      Scholarship grid updated to show the impending commitments of Zek Montgomery and Connor Dillon 4-4-24
      Thanks DC! We have a lot of talent - need to find combos that gel together, but there is a LOT of time for that!

I would like to see Linke back as he showed some flashes last year of production, and a guy with his experience in Wardle's system with size in the post is invaluable. He has been comitted to the Braves from the start and I love that about him.
      Always need a big man that gives ya 8-12 min. to give the starters a little rest, and he did that in the last 6-7 games of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
        Thanks DC! We have a lot of talent - need to find combos that gel together, but there is a LOT of time for that!

I would like to see Linke back as he showed some flashes last year of production, and a guy with his experience in Wardle's system with size in the post is invaluable. He has been comitted to the Braves from the start and I love that about him.
        Always need a big man that gives ya 8-12 min. to give the starters a little rest, and he did that in the last 6-7 games of the season.
        That is the rumor as of now. That is not confirmed, but if he wants to return to Bradley as a grad student, there will be an opening for him on the team.

Comment

DC, as a walk-on?

Currently Bradley only carries 5 over into the 25-26 season. Maybe some of the last three will fit into that category.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
            DC, as a walk-on?
            That's a possibility. It's between Wardle and Linke and will depend on scholarship availability.

Comment

If we can get a good backup center I would not be holding a scholarship for someone that gives us little offensive production.That would make no sense to me when there are so many better options as far as transfers.

Comment

I’d like to see Linke get a scholarship if he sticks around. He played some good ball at the end of the year and by all accounts is a stellar kid. Seems like a hard worker with a good attitude and that rubs off on others. Consider me a fan.
                Larry Bird
                I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                  I’d like to see Linke get a scholarship if he sticks around. He played some good ball at the end of the year and by all accounts is a stellar kid. Seems like a hard worker with a good attitude and that rubs off on others. Consider me a fan.
                  There are a ton of guys that match that profile, I want players that are able to do more on the court because it is more important to win games. Linke no doubt is a great person but I do not believe in giving basketball scholarships for that reason. Fact is he hardly played in the 4 seasons he was here and I would prefer to get a better player.

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

There are a ton of guys that match that profile, I want players that are able to do more on the court because it is more important to win games. Linke no doubt is a great person but I do not believe in giving basketball scholarships for that reason. Fact is he hardly played in the 4 seasons he was here and I would prefer to get a better player.
                    I wouldn’t give him a scholarship for being a great person, I’d give it to him for being a hard worker and good teammate for the last 4 years.
                    Larry Bird
                    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Hopefully Bradley can find three more recruits that can offer more production in the games. I know we can"t play 13 players a game.

I would prefer Hannah's backup offer more production. Who is going to give Hannah rest for 10 to 15 minutes a game or in the case of injury? Based on this year's production I don't believe we have that player. Atlason is more of a 3/4. Meta needs to take big steps next year.

I'm not arguing with anyone ... just offering an opinion. As we know Wardle is not going to pay attention to our opinions.

Comment

I wouldn’t give him a scholarship for being a great person, I’d give it to him for being a hard worker and good teammate for the last 4 years.
                        I have no doubt he fits all 3 descriptions, that is no reason to give basketball scholarships. He could do the walk on route because we are in need of better players. Who we bring in this off season could make a huge difference in winning championships and going to the big tour.

Comment

I have no doubt he fits all 3 descriptions, that is no reason to give basketball scholarships.
                          That’s where we disagree.
                          Larry Bird

Comment

That’s where we disagree.
                            Again your guy hardly played for 3.5 seasons and all of a sudden he deserves a scholarship for a 5th year. How many points has he scored at Bradley in 4 years. I like him as a person yet that is no good reason to ty up a ride when we can do better.

Comment

Again your guy hardly played for 3.5 seasons and all of a sudden he deserves a scholarship for a 5th year. How many points has he scored at Bradley in 4 years. I like him as a person yet that is no good reason to ty up a ride when we can do better.
                              Better like we did with Pettigrew, Ellis, and Thomas? Linke played more and outperformed anything those 3 did for BU, and sometimes I think it’s ok to do something just because it’s the right thing to do.

Building a program, especially in the current environment means building trust and showing that team is family. When BW gave Peter Hanley a scholarship in his last year, the players and fans loved him for it and it spoke volumes to what matters most and we were able to put together one of the best teams we’ve had. Nothing stopping that from happening again.
                              Larry Bird

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X