2022-23 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 Bradley schedule

The only official dates on the Bradley schedule for 2022-23 so far are the games in the Cancun Challenge-
    https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...hedule/2022-23
    Nov. 15 (Tues)- home vs. Eastern Michigan
    Nov. 22 (Tues)- vs. Auburn in Cancun
    Nov. 23 (Wed)- vs. Liberty or Northwestern
    But now we have word of another game-
    https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...11008353636353
    Bradley will play at SIU-Edwardsville (date to be announced) as part of a 2 for 1 deal, with SIUE visiting Peoria in 2023 & 2024.

Update- Here is the official non-conference schedule, which was released August 17-

I'm looking forward to beating Auburn in Cancun.
    Larry Bird
    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

The South Dakota State deal was said to be a 2-game, home-and-home series. So, that should be done.
      The only definite games on the 2022-23 schedule are a home game against Eastern Michigan (Nov. 15), and the two games in the Cancun Challenge against Auburn and either Northwestern or Liberty (Nov. 22 & 23).
      BU 2022-23 schedule- https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...hedule/2022-23

The deal with SIUE was a 2 for 1, and they played in Peoria last December. So there will probably be a road game in Edwardsville this coming season. And the Bellarmine game that was cancelled last December was rumored to be a home and home. So there may also be a road game at Bellarmine. It is also possible that the cancellation could have altered the original home-and-home plan. These games are not listed on the Bradley 2022-23 schedule yet, so they are not confirmed.
      I have heard there are several other games that are either locked in, close to being confirmed, or pending agreement on dates.

Comment

A partial Bellarmine schedule was released yesterday. Bradley is not on it, but more games will be added, so it's possible they will be on it.

LOUISVILLE, Ky.—One year ago, the Bellarmine men's basketball team played the nation's fourth-toughest nonconference schedule according to the NCAA's NET ratings. This year, Bellarmine Head Coach Scott Davenport may be gunning for No. 1 on that list.
        My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post
          A partial Bellarmine schedule was released yesterday. Bradley is not on it, but more games will be added, so it's possible they will be on it.

https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...asketball.aspx
          It is possible that the Bellarmine game last December was just a 1-game "buy game", and there may not be a return game. We'll have to wait and see if they play this coming season.

That is one heck of a tough non-conference schedule by Bellarmine. The will play games at:
          at Louisville
          at Clemson
          at Duke
          at Loyola Marymount
          at UCLA
          at Kentucky
          vs. Miami (Ohio) at Freedom Hall
          at Evansville
          And vs. Murray State at Freedom Hall in Louisville

Bellarmine was 20-13 last year, and 13-5 in the ASUN Conference. But they will be lucky to win 1 or 2 of those early season games (maybe Evansville and Miami-Ohio?).

Comment

Source: Stonehill will play at Bradley as part of their 2022-23 non-conference schedule. #NECMBB

I had to look this one up. Stonehill is from Easton, MA, and is moving up to Div. 1 this year.
            My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Bradley’s 2022-23 Non-conference schedule (and 2021-22 Kenpom ratings) so far:

Auburn (12)
              Northwestern or Liberty (87/124)
              SIUE (29)
              Merrimack (299)
              Eastern Michigan (316)
              Stonehill (new to D1)

Comment

Another cupcake for BU:

Bradley will host Merrimack as part of its 22-23 non-conference schedule. Game is set for November 26th in Peoria. #MVC #NEC

https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/status/1541530996482248705

Will Judson be on the schedule, too?

Comment

How about the Monitor?
                  BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                  -2 NCAA Title Games
                  -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                  -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                  -4 NIT Championships

Comment

What is BW thinking? Does he want to be generous and give more playing time to the walk-ons? This schedule is turning out to be weaker than his first one. He won five games then with a dumpster fire roster.

In any event, I'll be disappointed if Chicago State isn't on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ️ Fanatic View Post
                      Bradley’s 2022-23 Non-conference schedule (and 2021-22 Kenpom ratings) so far:
                      Auburn (12)
                      Northwestern or Liberty (87/124)
                      SIUE (29)
                      Merrimack (299)
                      Eastern Michigan (316)
                      Stonehill (new to D1)
                      I think you missed a digit on that SIUE Kenpom rank. The correct Kenpom ranking was 298

Bradley schedule for 2022-23 so far-
                      https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...hedule/2022-23
                      Nov. 15 (Tues)- home vs. Eastern Michigan
                      Nov. 22 (Tues)- vs. Auburn in Cancun
                      Nov. 23 (Wed)- vs. Liberty or Northwestern
                      Nov. 26 (Sat)- home vs. Merrimack

Dates to be determined-
                      Likely road game- at SIU-E
                      Home game- Stonehill

Comment

Yes, thanks Da Coach - 4-teams higher than 298 Kenpom ranking was not what I was envisioning on our schedule... Hopefully 4 of the remaining 5 possible non-conference games will be vs. better competition!

Comment

The MVC is not ready to release the 2022-23 conference schedule yet, but early reports are that each team will play a 20-game schedule, and 2 games will be played in an early window between Nov. 29-Dec. 4
                          https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...89459959898112

Comment

Originally posted by ️ Fanatic View Post
                            .... 4-teams higher than 298 Kenpom ranking was not what I was envisioning on our schedule...
                            With conferences expanding their conference schedules, it means they'll play fewer non-conference games. And to keep their home fans happy, they will likely eliminate road games and try to maintain the same number of non-conference home games. That results in fewer available non-conference options for everyone, unless they are willing to play more road games and "buy games". Coupled with the tendency for all the better teams trying to avoid playing road games they might lose, I think we'll see a lot of teams' non-conference schedules loaded with cupcakes.

Ohio State just released their non-conference schedule, and their home fans are sure to be disappointed-
                            https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/stat...56400406810626

They will play Duke in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (their only non-conf road game), and possibly several other Top 15 teams in a couple high profile tournaments on neutral courts.
                            But their home schedule is horrendous. The average Kenpom is 337, and no team better than 314:
                            Robert Morris (Kenpom 327)
                            Charleston Southern (Kenpom 347)
                            Eastern Illinois (Kenpom 357)
                            St. Francis (PA) Kenpom 325)
                            Maine (Kenpom 354)
                            Alabama A&M (Kenpom 314)

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

With conferences expanding their conference schedules, it means they'll play fewer non-conference games. And to keep their home fans happy, they will likely eliminate road games and try to maintain the same number of non-conference home games. That results in fewer available non-conference options for everyone, unless they are willing to play more road games and "buy games". Coupled with the tendency for all the better teams trying to avoid playing road games they might lose, I think we'll see a lot of teams' non-conference schedules loaded with cupcakes.

Ohio State just released their non-conference schedule, and their home fans are sure to be disappointed-
                              https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/stat...56400406810626

They will play Duke in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge (their only non-conf road game), and possibly several other Top 15 teams in a couple high profile tournaments on neutral courts.
                              But their home schedule is horrendous. The average Kenpom is 337, and no team better than 314:
                              Robert Morris (Kenpom 327)
                              Charleston Southern (Kenpom 347)
                              Eastern Illinois (Kenpom 357)
                              St. Francis (PA) Kenpom 325)
                              Maine (Kenpom 354)
                              Alabama A&M (Kenpom 314)
                              And the NCAA needs to address that fact. So called stronger schools wont schedule mid-majors for fear of losing. Yet NCAA says mid - majors need to raise their strength

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X