Collapse

2022-23 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emoni Bates the one time #1 recruit left Memphis and jus committed to Eastern Michigan so he heads to Peoria this coming season on Nov 15.
    houstonbrave

Comment

That’s good news as EMU was 306 in NET last year. Maybe he lifts them 100+ spots on his own. He underwhelmed at Memphis last year but had back problems.
      BRADLEY BASKETBALL
      -2 NCAA Title Games
      -3 NCAA Elite Eights
      -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
      -4 NIT Championships

Comment

The Bradley non-conference schedule is still pending. But Iowa State released their non-conference schedule today in a unique way-
        https://twitter.com/CycloneMBB/statu...24992597069824

Pretty funny! I wonder how much rehearsing that took? And did that rehearsal time count toward the NCAA allowable team summer practice time?

Bradley schedule for 2022-23 so far-
        https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...hedule/2022-23
        Nov. 15 (Tues)- home vs. Eastern Michigan
        Nov. 22 (Tues)- vs. Auburn in Cancun
        Nov. 23 (Wed)- vs. Liberty or Northwestern in Cancun
        Nov. 26 (Sat)- home vs. Merrimack

Dates to be determined-
        Likely road game- at SIU-E
        Home game- Stonehill

Comment

As both Stonehill and Merrimack are from Massachusetts, I've been wondering if BU will be playing return games in that state in 23-24; cupcake road games, if yes.
          My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

I think both are one-time "buy games". But Bradley has not released any official information about either game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
              The MVC is not ready to release the 2022-23 conference schedule yet, but early reports are that each team will play a 20-game schedule, and 2 games will be played in an early window between Nov. 29-Dec. 4
              https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...89459959898112
              For reference, here is how the 13-team CAA arranged their conference schedule. Each team will play home-and-home against 6 opponents, home-only against 3 opponents, and road-only against the other 3 opponents.
              https://twitter.com/CAABasketball/st...42081224564736

And the Ohio Valley Conference is still a 10-team conference after losing Murray State and Belmont to the MVC and Austin Peay to the Atlantic Sun, and adding Lindenwood, Little Rock and Southern Indiana.
              They released their conference schedule- a simple double round-robin with each team playing 18 games (home-and-home vs. each of their 9 opponents),
              http://ovcsports.com/news/2022/7/7/m...-schedule.aspx

Comment

As Stonehill is on BU's schedule, here's an interview with Stonehill assistant coach Herschel Jenkins on their transition to D-1:

In episode four of Happening Hoops Chats I sat down with Herschel Jenkins who is an assistant coach at Stonehill College in Easton Massachusetts. We talked a...
                My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Bradley will play a home game against Akron this season (date to be confirmed). It is part of a home and home series. Bradley will play in Akron (Rhodes Arena) in 2024.

Nov. 11 (Fri)- at Utah State (Logan, Utah)
                  Dec. 17 (Sat)- at Arkansas (game played in Little Rock)

Dates to be determined-
                  Home game- Stonehill, Akron

Comment

Bradley has a home and home scheduled with Utah State of the Mountain West Conference.
                    There is a game at Utah State in Logan, Utah, November 11th with a return game in Peoria in the 2023-24 season.

Comment

This is a quality addition to the schedule as Utah St was a 65 in NET rankings last year.

Comment

Source: Arkansas will face Bradley on December 17th in Little Rock.

Neutral site game (sort of).

Comment

Arkansas finished the 2021-22 season 28-9 overall, and 13-5 in the SEC, good for 4th place out of 14 teams. Their RPI was 16 and their NET was #21.
                          They advanced to the Elite 8 last March, before losing to #1 seeded Baylor
                          Most early predictions have them as good or better in 2022-23.
                          ESPN's early preseason Top 25 has Arkansas at #9-
                          https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2022-23

Arkansas landed one of the top recruiting classes for 2022. They have 3 recruits ranked in the top 15 nationally, and 5 Top 100 recruits-
                          http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...022/order/true

Arkansas is currently playing their 4th and final game of a Summer Tour in Spain-
                          The Official Athletic Site of the Arkansas Razorbacks Men's Basketball. The most comprehensive coverage on the web with highlights, scores, game summaries, schedule and rosters.

Reports are that they have a big lead in the first half.

They won their first 3 games in Spain rather easily-

Nov. 11 (Fri)- at Utah State (Logan, Utah)
                          Dec. 17 (Sat)- at Arkansas (game played in Little Rock)

Dates to be determined-
                          Home games pending- Stonehill, Akron

Comment

Does BU have the best non-con schedule in the Valley? Has to be close. Arkansas would be a resume win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
                              Does BU have the best non-con schedule in the Valley? Has to be close. Arkansas would be a resume win.
                              Has to be. 2 top 15 teams plus 3 potential top 100 or less teams. I always complain about how bad the schedule is but this is easily the best I've seen in years. Be nice to win a few of those games to help out rankings at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
                                UNI's 2022-23 non-con schedule is pretty good.
                                The official 2022-23 Men's Basketball schedule for the University of Northern Iowa Panthers

But now Bradley will play 2 of the top teams in the country- Auburn is #13 in ESPN's preseason Top 25, and Arkansas is #9-
                                The transfers have committed, the recruits have signed and the nonconference schedules are being set. How have the rankings changed with just over three months before the season begins?

Auburn finished 1st in the SEC last year, and Arkansas finished 4th.

Btw, Auburn just finished a summer tour to Israel, and finished 2-1, with 2 easy wins over an Under-20 National Team, and an All-Star team, and a loss to the Israel National Team-

Last year's end of season NET rank-
                                Auburn- 11
                                Arkansas- 20
                                Utah State- 60
                                Northwestern- NET 91
                                Liberty- NET 119
                                Akron- NET 127
                                SIUE- NET 290
                                Merrimack- 291
                                Eastern Michigan- NET 303
                                Stonehill- new to Division I in 2022-23

Note: Some of the above presumably scheduled teams have not been officially announced yet

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X