Bradley coaching staff change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley coaching staff change

The article speaks positively about Darius Hannah’s development and guesses the starting lineup will be Duke Dean, Hickman, Montgomery, Mast, Leons-with Ville and Ja’shon coming off the bench. It also says the rumor is that Drew Adams is leaving for an assistant job at Cincy.
    houstonbrave

Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
    The article speaks positively about Darius Hannah’s development and guesses the starting lineup will be Duke Dean, Hickman, Montgomery, Mast, Leons-with Ville and Ja’shon coming off the bench. It also says the rumor is that Drew Adams is leaving for an assistant job at Cincy.
    I love that starting lineup! Add Pop Weathers to this list and you have a pretty tight 8 man rotation.

Comment

Yes-I should have mentioned it said they also think Pop will be a big piece of the puzzle with significant playing time.
      houstonbrave

Comment

Yes-I should have mentioned it said they also think Pop will be a big piece of the puzzle with significant playing time.
        Sorry- I don't mean to belabor the conversation but I think this might be deepest roster in years. In addition to what's said above, Hannah will likely be the first Center off the bench and Max Ekono is a versatile 6'7" who can play pg-swing positions. I've just convinced myself that we go 10-deep!

Comment

The article.... also says the rumor is that Drew Adams is leaving for an assistant job at Cincy.

Drew Adams is in demand as an assistant because of his close connection to highly rated 2024 recruit Flory Bidunga.

Cincinnati head coach Wes Miller, who has offered Bidunga, must think hiring Coach Adams improves his chances of landing him.
          However, the Cincinnati basketball website shows that all 3 assistant coaching positions there are currently filled-

Rivals rates Bidunga as a 5-star recruit, and ESPN now rates him as the #7 recruit nationally in 2023-

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Drew Adams is in demand as an assistant because of his close connection to highly rated 2024 recruit Flory Bidunga.

Cincinnati head coach Wes Miller, who has offered Bidunga, must think hiring Coach Adams improves his chances of landing him.
            However, the Cincinnati basketball website shows that all 3 assistant coaching positions there are currently filled-

Rivals rates Bidunga as a 5-star recruit, and ESPN now rates him as the #7 recruit nationally in 2023-

Personally, I think Coach Adam's would be a fine addition to any staff as he's demonstrated his Xs and Os ability for years. Bidunga or no Bidunga.

Comment

...It also says the rumor is that Drew Adams is leaving for an assistant job at Cincy.
              I have confirmed this is true, and has been in the works for a while, though not official yet. And it isn't really just about Flory Bidunga as much as it is Coach Adams' knowledge, experience, work ethic, and extensive connections in the coaching community and recruiting. Coach Adams is an acquaintance of Cincinnati head coach Wes Miller, and he is a long time friend of Cincinnati assistant coach Mike Roberts, who grew up in Southern Indiana (as Coach Adams did), and played for Bobby Knight at IU.

Note that Cincinnati is leaving the American Athletic Conference after this year and joining the Big 12. Coaching positions, as well as non-coaching staff positions in the Big 12 are pretty desirable jobs and pay way more than mid-major programs.

Good luck and success to Coach Adams!

Comment

Well said! Good fortune to Coach Adams.

Comment

Totally agree I am happy for him but a bit concerned about the timing for Bradley.
                  houstonbrave

Comment

Congratulations to him. He has to do what is right for him. I don't mean for this to criticize him.

I agree it is bad timing for Bradley. Besides losing any chance to recruit Bidunga, it affects other recruits where he has been the lead. It will probably cost us a close relationship with Indiana Elite. It is less than two months until fall signing. I know that many will point limited scholarship availability. Leons is almost 23 and Mast has already have been at Bradley for 3 years and he is an academic senior. The European players may decide to start earning money after this season. Recruiting the 2023 class could be very important.

It also leaves Bradley short a coach for practices and it probably faces a limited availability of qualified candidates due to the start of the school year. If possible, I hope they can get a good recruiter.

Comment

Those things are all true, but they are the things that every college program faces occasionally. The difference is that Bradley has been fortunate not to have had a single coaching change in over 7 years, which is highly unusual for a D1 program.
                      I also think Coach Wardle will be able to fill an open spot if it happens. One immediate possibility would be to elevate one of the other staff members.

Comment

How soon is this happening, I can't believe it would happen this close to the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
                          How soon is this happening, I can't believe it would happen this close to the start of the season.
                          Yes, it will. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
                            Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                            Yes, it will. Maybe tomorrow.
                            No official announcement yet, but the Bradley website no longer lists Drew Adams among the coaching staff.
                            Only 2 assistant coaches now listed...
                            https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...etball/coaches

Comment

Drew Adams to be hired by the University of Cincinnati to a non-coaching position for men's basketball under Head Coach Wes Miller.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X