Max Ekono leaves Bradley; 1 scholarship available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Ekono leaves Bradley; 1 scholarship available

Starting a new thread on this topic, and moving the relevant posts from the Recruiting thread to this new thread.

As posted in the recruiting thread, Max Ekono was not with the team last night in Arkansas.
    Apparently, he did not make the trip, has left school, and is already transferring.

In addition, he no longer appears on the team roster-
    2022-23 Roster- https://bradleybraves.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Google cached version of Max's bio page-

Not sure when this is supposed to happen (or how this works, with the transfer portal - I believe): a birdie shared Maximo Ekono is transferring to a Juco school this year.... And Bradley will be adding a post player from Serbia to fill that spot (I thought I heard a 7-footer: 6'8"-6'10" big man)... This is supposed to happen over the next couple weeks: Do schools have to wait until the end of a semester to add a transfer student to the school-team? Stay tuned...

Comment

• Da Coach
      Da Coach commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Da Coach

I just heard from one of my inside sources connected with the team.... there is a "very real possibility" that this rumor will happen.
      More from a knowledgeable source.... expect more upgrades to happen. If not at semester break, will happen by spring signing period.

• Nashville Cat
      Nashville Cat commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Da Coach

More from a knowledgeable source.... expect more upgrades to happen. If not at semester break, will happen by spring signing period.
      Upgrades or just changes? Big difference. I'm assuming April 12 as spring signing period. As always Coach, thanks for the knowledge and insight!

• Da Coach
      Da Coach commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ️ Fanatic
      Not sure when this is supposed to happen (or how this works, with the transfer portal - I believe): a birdie shared Maximo Ekono is transferring to a Juco school this year.... And Bradley will be adding a post player from Serbia to fill that spot (I thought I heard a 7-footer: 6'8"-6'10" big man)... This is supposed to happen over the next couple weeks: Do schools have to wait until the end of a semester to add a transfer student to the school-team? Stay tuned...
      Recruiting Scoop-
      Max Ekono was not with the team last night in Arkansas. Apparently, he did not make the trip, has left school, and is already transferring.
      So it is looking like the rumor is starting to play out.

In addition, he no longer appears on the team roster-
      2022-23 Roster- https://bradleybraves.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

And if you Google his roster page and go there, you will see this-
      Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

https://i.ibb.co/pLy4Qx1/bu.png

I'm not sure why these posts transferred this way, but to read all 13 replies to Fanatic's initial post, click on the small arrow in the upper right corner of the gray comment box.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
      Former Bradley Director of Basketball Operations Mike Nesbitt is now the head coach at Panola College, a junior college in Texas.
      https://www.panolaathletics.com/spor.../coaches/index

Looks like his team is quite guard-heavy already (roster lists 12 guards)-
      https://www.panolaathletics.com/spor...2022-23/roster

.... so maybe not the best juco for a midyear guard to transfer to?
      Update from a knowledgeable source-
      Max Ekono is "on his way to a junior college in Texas" (Clarendon College), where he plans to remain on redshirt status the rest of this season.
      He will continue working on his ballhandling skills and shooting, and plans to play there next season.
      My source did not mention which junior college he will transfer to.

But, as I hinted in my post in the thread about Mike Nesbitt, I thought Panola College (Carthage, Texas) might be a possible option, since the Bradley coaches have a connection there. We'll have more shortly....

Comment

I thought he had some promising upside from games last year. Regardless, best of luck.

Comment

Max is a very intelligent player, sees the court well, and is a good passer. But he had trouble adjusting to the much faster pace of D1 basketball compared to the club ball he played in France. He'll continue working on ballhandling, shooting, and defense at the juco, and he should get another chance at a D1 school somewhere.

Comment

Max will transfer to Clarendon College, a junior college in Clarendon, Texas. They are a member of the Western Junior College Athletic Association, and are 10-2 so far this season.

Team stats-

It looks like they have a lot of guards this season, but most are sophomores and will be gone next season when Max resumes his career. And judging from the assist numbers of their guards, it looks like their point guards are all sophomores. So good luck to Max!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
              Max will transfer to Clarendon College, a junior college in Clarendon, Texas. They are a member of the Western Junior College Athletic Association, and are 10-2 so far this season.

Team stats-

It looks like they have a lot of guards this season, but most are sophomores and will be gone next season when Max resumes his career. And judging from the assist numbers of their guards, it looks like their point guards are all sophomores. So good luck to Max!
              I was checking the Clarendon athletic website, under sports they offer, meat judging, livestock judging and ranch horse besides the more typical sports.
              Max, your not in France or Peoria anymore.

Comment

Interesting quote from Coach Wardle in the online version of the PJ Star today-

Ekono's exit opens an interesting possibility for Bradley.
                "He got a full ride to Clarendon, and now we have a scholarship available here," Bradley coach Brian Wardle said.
                Will Bradley bring in a new player during this season?
                "We're entertaining it, yes," Wardle said. "He'd have to be the right fit for us. We're looking for size and physicality."

That seems to confirm that they have already been pursuing a mid-year transfer per Fanatic's original rumor (which I confirmed through a separate source), or that question probably wouldn't have been asked, and his answer would not have been "We're working on it, yes".

Comment

Can anyone recall a mid season transfer being a major contributor to a team in recent years. Just seeing if there is any precedent for this. Why fill a spot knowing they would have to free it up next year to sign another recruit or transfer? This player would have to be difference maker you would think

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X