• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Best Sports Movie Ever!

BradleyJD

New member
Hey...they got this one right! L.A. Times -

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...movies-no-1-hoosiers-20120307,0,6602699.story

pg2_hoosiers_576.jpg


The rest of the list:

No. 10: 'Chariots of Fire'

No. 9: 'Rudy'

No. 8: 'Slap Shot'

No. 7: 'Caddyshack'

No. 6: 'Raging Bull'

No. 5: 'The Natural'

No. 4: 'Bull Durham'

No. 3: 'Field of Dreams'

No. 2: 'Rocky'
 
I know that I am in the minority with this opinion, but I can not stand Hoosiers!

I think Moneyball and Pride of the Yankees should be on the list though.:mrgreen:
 
I know that I am in the minority with this opinion, but I can not stand Hoosiers!


Wow...you are the first person I have ever heard of that didn't like that movie.

I liked Moneyball, but it didn't show a lot of baseball really. Great behind the scenes info and reality though.
 
Not sure I would consider Caddyshack a sports movie, but that's a pretty good list. In our house, though, Remember the Titans ranks No. 1, followed closely by Hoosiers and Major League. And where is Miracle?
 
Not sure I would consider Caddyshack a sports movie, but that's a pretty good list. In our house, though, Remember the Titans ranks No. 1, followed closely by Hoosiers and Major League. And where is Miracle?


Remember the Titans is a good one. I liked Miracle too, but I am not sure it would be Top 10.

I also liked For Love of the Game, but not enough for top ten.
 
I'm not a Kevin Costner fan and even with that Field of Dreams is my all time favorite sports movie. How many guys on this site remember playing catch with you brothers and dad while growing up?
 
Wow...you are the first person I have ever heard of that didn't like that movie.

I liked Moneyball, but it didn't show a lot of baseball really. Great behind the scenes info and reality though.

Hoosiers was way too corny for me. I read Moneyball a while ago and it was/is one of my favorite sports books. fwiw, I also like The Extra 2% by Jonah Keri. Interesting read if you are a sports fan or want to know about the business of baseball.


Not sure I would consider Caddyshack a sports movie.....

I know what you mean about Caddyshack. Great movie, but not certain I would classify it as a sports movie.
 
Not sure I would consider Caddyshack a sports movie, but that's a pretty good list. In our house, though, Remember the Titans ranks No. 1, followed closely by Hoosiers and Major League. And where is Miracle?

I said the same thing elsewhere....I would put Caddyshack with The Longest Yard.....and Remember the Titans is a fav also
 
Rookie of the Year was a favorite when I was a kid, Slapshot and Miracle I also really like. If they're going to include Caddyshack then you might as well put Space Jam on the list.
 
Tin Cup? How could they include Caddyshack and not Tin Cup?

Tin-Cup-1.jpg


Eight Men Out? - Watched this the other night on the tube... didn't get a lot of acclaim, but, a pretty good movie I thought...Any movie with Studs Terkel and Charlie Sheen has to be good!

936full-eight-men-out-screenshot.jpg


North Dallas Forty was pretty good too, and not often remembered.

NorthDallas-40.jpg
 
Back
Top