Chudier Bile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chudier Bile

Incoming transfer Chudier Bile ask for and was granted his release from BU. Very odd.

Yes, it is. IMO, the three most likely reasons-
    >He might have become "homesick" and wanted out (doubtful).... or
    >His skills were not what the coaches expected (recruiting mistake).... or
    >There is a late recruit/transfer that a scholarship is needed for (upgrade).

Comment

also possible- failure to get thru NCAA Clearinghouse, thus would be ineligible at Bradley kinda like Zach Copeland at ISU
      if he ends up going DII or NAIA then I suspect that is the case

Comment

Not an academic problem.... according to an article by Dave Reynolds it was Chudier Biles' request to be released:

"A source close to the men’s basketball program said Bile’s decision to leave was based on the demands of the program being beyond his expectations.

The source also said that Bile also determined that his playing time wasn’t going to be sufficient. Bile worked out with the Braves for the first summer session, which ended Friday."

Comment

Sorry to hear this!

Mickey Pearson still available?
          DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post
            Sorry to hear this!

Mickey Pearson still available?
            Pearson was released from his commitment by St. Louis. He is currently uncommitted, but that could mean there are other issues.

Comment

I have been saying since last spring, that I still don't think our roster is done yet...

Comment

Wow....this is strange....I hope it works out.

Comment

Dag nab it. Hopefully we fill his spot with a monster. I was hopeful between him and Childs we wouldn??™t miss D Thomas much. If we sit on the ship ,we really need a big last 2 years out of Bar.

Comment

the fact that this happened exactly at the end of the first Summer Session when final grades were released, then the comment "demands of the program being beyond his expectations" - raises other possibilities.

Comment

I don't know what the explanation is but it's better to identify these issues earlier than later, and once they're identified to cut bait. Maybe Wardle didn't want to repeat a McGlaston? Of course, it's better to identify issues like this before offering the scholarship but I'm mindful you can't always do that. The extra summer practices due to the Europe trip might have been a real blessing if that's the case.

This does hurt our athleticism and forces more three guard and twin tower lineups, unless we land a late recruit or Henry surprises. You've got 4 big guys and one isn't really a banger.
                      BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                      -2 NCAA Title Games
                      -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                      -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                      -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Bile's only other offer was from Hartford, but after Bile committed to Bradley they filled their last two scholarship openings with a couple similar players, one juco and one transfer-

Hartford is now out of scholarships for 2018, and would not be able to re-offer Bile. So, unfortunately, his options this late appear limited.

Comment

Did he take any classes over the summer? I was thinking there was some rule that once they have been on campus they become a D1 player, and thus would be a transfer and have to sit out a year. Kipper Nichols from Illinois went to Tulane, but I believe transferred before the season and was required to sit out a year. I am curious if the same will be true for Bile.

Comment

now that he had already enrolled at Bradley - is he not required to sit out a year if he transfers to another DI?
                            he is no longer a juco recruit - he would be considered a DI transfer...

That is what happened to Milton Doyle at Kansas - he left after enrolling for summer classes at Kansas but had to sit out a year when he then went to Loyola.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X