https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
    More conference shifting to go for the bigger revenue-
    USC and UCLA planning to leave the Pac-12 and join the Big Ten
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ment-imminent/
    Wow!!! This is going to cost them a fortune in travel expenses

Comment

What's the purpose of doing that when they have this?
      August 24, 2021 — The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 today announced an historic alliance that will bring 41 world-class institutions together on a collaborative approach surrounding the future evolution of college athletics and scheduling.

My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

Wow!!! This is going to cost them a fortune in travel expenses
        Travel expenses will be chump change.

Source: USC, UCLA could top 100m annually in media rights in the Big Ten

My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

I feel old complaining about this, but I think we are going to miss the old days of the conferences being very regional with great rivalries. College athletics is becoming more and more corporate and sterile.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
            I feel old complaining about this, but I think we are going to miss the old days of the conferences being very regional with great rivalries. College athletics is becoming more and more corporate and sterile.
            100% correct! It's less and less about school and community and more about whoring after money. Call me provincial.

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post

Travel expenses will be chump change.

Source: USC, UCLA could top 100m annually in media rights in the Big Ten

https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/st...89074770259968
              Yes, this is all about money. The Big Ten has over 60 million subscribers to their TV Network, and was bringing in close to $1 billion in total revenues before dropping off a bit when the pandemic hit 2 years ago. Only the SEC, with 16 members, has similar subscriber numbers and comes close to that kind of revenue production. The Big Ten expects to rebound quickly from these last couple slightly lower pandemic years, and with the addition of USC and UCLA could grow to twice that amount of revenue within a couple years.
              By comparison, the Pac-12 Network has fewer than 15 million subscribers and their total revenue was only a little over $300 million per year. And USC and UCLA were the 2 biggest draws, but had to share the money with all the other conference members. They could double or triple their revenues by joining the Big Ten.

CBSSports is reporting:
              https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/usc-ucla-to-leave-pac-12-for-big-ten-in-2024-college-sports-begins-its-latest-seismic-shakeup/

Representatives of the 10 remaining Pac-12 programs are scheduled to speak Thursday evening... The Pac-12 would prefer to stay together, but key players acknowledge that may be difficult in the middle of a crucial period. There are reports that multiple Pac-12 programs have already contacted the Big Ten about potentially joining its membership.

Comment

Personally I hate to see this trend of schools from the coasts joining the Big Ten. The local rivalries and the history going back decades is what makes it a huge draw. I know this is all about money and everyone is just trying to "expand their influence" to bring in more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                  Representatives of the 10 remaining Pac-12 programs are scheduled to speak Thursday evening... The Pac-12 would prefer to stay together, but key players acknowledge that may be difficult in the middle of a crucial period. There are reports that multiple Pac-12 programs have already contacted the Big Ten about potentially joining its membership.[/B][/SIZE][/I]
                  If the PAC-12 merges with the B1G, to cut down on travel expenses, the conference could be divided into two divisions, East (B1G) and West (PAC-12), one big NBA farm system. Of course, it's so early, this is just speculation and putting the cart before the horse. It's very possible nothing at all will happen.

Comment

I just came across this article and looks like USC and UCLA to the B1G is a done deal:

The Big Ten Conference has voted to accept both USC and crosstown rival UCLA as full members of the conference effective August 2, 2024, enabling both schools to remain in the Pac-12 Conference for the duration of the Pac-12's existing media rights agreements.

USC will take the historic step of joining the Big Ten Conference in 2024, a move that will position USC and its student-athletes for long-term success in both athletics and academics.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
                      No - I don't think you sound old at all...but then again I'm past 40, so maybe those who are 40+ on here share similar thinking - going back to the "good ol days".
                      I agree with you completely.

Comment

The NCAA has lost sight of and lost control of what college athletics is supposed to be

Comment

"Conference of Champions!"

Comment

The " TSUNAMI " has begun
                            Where will Notre Dame land - now being discussed
                            Where will Clemson land - now being discussed - as well as Miami and Florida State
                            Where will Oregon land - now being discussed - as well as Arizona
                            What's left of the Pac-12 conference is meeting later with what is left of the Big 12 conference
                            Basketball Power conferences are not even in the picture or being mentioned with these potential shifts.... Nothing about the ACC
                            College Football is KING

As Kirk Herbstreit has shared: " So it’s going to be more of the haves or the have nots in college athletics.”

Kirk Herbstreit on USC and UCLA's moves to the Big Ten: 'I don't think we're done' - On3

These soon to be NCAA MEGA Conferences will run the NCAA. The NCAA can then close it's main Indianapolis office.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. It is always about the money.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                              Last edited by molar50; 07-05-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X