Ex-Bradley players playing pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoda View Post

Even though Walt didn't stick long in the NBA, note that his scoring average in 2018-19 was 14.3 ppg and his career scoring average is 9.4 ppg
    Of all the 20 or more Bradley players who played in the NBA- only Hersey, Chet Walker and Danny Granger have higher career scoring averages.
    Levern Tart & Al Smith played exclusively in the old ABA- never in the NBA, and their scoring averages were 19.4 ppg & 9.8 ppg respectively.

Also, No Bradley player who ever played in the NBA had a higher assist average than Walt (3.2 apg)
    although Al Smith (ABA only) did avg 5.8 apg

One more thing- people today have no idea who Levern Tart even was, but what a pure scorer....
    His career in the ABA ran from 1968-72 and the old ABA continued on until 1976 and had awesome scorers like Dr. J, Rick Barry, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Dan Issel, George McGinnis, etc...
    and yet Levern Tart ranks as the 15th highest career scoring average of all the players from the ABA -
    and it also still ranks Top 100 all time among all NBA& ABA players.
    I remember Lavern Tart. Great Player. He had a label of being called the best one on one man in the country. If you want to know how Tart played project Demarion Burch in a year or 2.

Comment

Yeah, I remember him. As I mention somewhere else he and Strawder were from Florida and in the same class.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
      Working...
      X