2024 Transfer Portal news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Transfer Portal news

New thread for 2024 news on the Transfer Portal.
    Here is a new name in the portal-
    Murray State's Brian Moore, Jr., a 6'1" senior who made the All-Bench team last week, just entered the portal- https://verbalcommits.com/players/brian-moore-jr

Moore was considered by many as one of the top junior college point guards available in 2022.- https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...643#post503643
    There were multiple reports that Bradley was recruiting him. He averaged 18.4 ppg as a freshman (2020-21) and 21.3 ppg (2021-22) as a sophomore at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M junior college. At Murray State, he did not play in 2022-23, and this past season, he started 12 games and averaged 9.2 ppg. He would have one year of eligibility left for his Covid year.

A reasonably scary time of year….

I’m checking the BF site and this thread daily to get news on who’s decided to leave the program.
    Hopefully not many (none ???) this year.

Comment

Missouri State sophomore N.J. Benson enters the transfer portal. Bradley recruited him and offered him a couple years ago at Mt. Vernon HS. - https://verbalcommits.com/players/nj-benson

Comment

He would be a good one to get at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin-Brave View Post

I’m checking the BF site and this thread daily to get news on who’s decided to leave the program.
          Players will not be able to enter the official transfer portal until monday, after selection sunday. So unless the player themselves announce it, the only thing that you will see online this week is rumors. Once monday hits, there will be much better information about what players in the country have decided to make a change.
          Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker View Post

Players will not be able to enter the official transfer portal until monday, after selection sunday. So unless the player themselves announce it, the only thing that you will see online this week is rumors. Once monday hits, there will be much better information about what players in the country have decided to make a change.
            Yes, the transfer portal for basketball officially opens on Monday, March 18, and stays open for 45 days, closing May 1. But the players themselves do not actually enter their own names to the portal. The player must fill out paperwork for "notification of transfer" and submit it to the Compliance Director of their school. I suspect that is what is being referred to with all these mentions of players "entering the portal". Once the school's Compliance Director has the paperwork, they will enter it into the portal when it opens. Once the portal is open, the Compliance Director has 2 days to enter the player's information.

Here are a couple articles about how the transfer portal works under new rules the NCAA has adopted this year -
            Basketball transfer portal - https://www.outkick.com/sports/colle...llege-football

This reference is about the football transfer portal - https://badgerextra.com/sports/baske...20the%20portal.

The NCAA changed the rules and shortened the portal time to 45 days this year - https://www.si.com/college/gonzaga/b...all-to-45-days

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin-Brave View Post

LOL - there won't be none - pretty much a guarantee.
              Would be SHOCKED if Thomas stayed, as he only saw a couple min. of action in the last 10 games or so.

The keys IMO are keeping Burch and Hannah...But I think Duke and Hannah are a package deal. If one stays the other does - and both go if 1 decides to go. That's just a hunch - no inside info. on my part.

Comment

Another MVC player's name just reported to be entering the portal-
                Kanon Gipson- he is a 6'3 redshirt guard who was a walk-on and played very little for Dana Ford at Missouri State this season (7 total minutes in 8 games) - https://verbalcommits.com/players/kanon-gipson

Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...8/kanon-gipson

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

LOL - there won't be none - pretty much a guarantee.
                  Would be SHOCKED if Thomas stayed, as he only saw a couple min. of action in the last 10 games or so.

The keys IMO are keeping Burch and Hannah...But I think Duke and Hannah are a package deal. If one stays the other does - and both go if 1 decides to go. That's just a hunch - no inside info. on my part.
                  I agree I expect Thomas to try to find somewhere else. I really think Wardle should have utilized him more this year but he didn't seem to fit in with the program.

Duke will have opportunities. I'm not sure he would leave though, I think he likes being the Alpha player that Wardle lets him be. He basically has the green light to shoot at any point. I could see some programs not looking into him because his size.

Hannah really played up to his potential this year, he also has been here for 4 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave (would love for him to come back for one more year).

Burch showed he has a lot of potential this year, but still is really raw (similar to how Hannah was a few years ago). I think he sticks around at least one more year.

Other than those four no one stands out to me, but you never know. We could always be surprised.

Comment

Another Missouri State kid's name appears to be headed for the transfer portal- Chance Moore- a 6'6" junior who transferred in to Missouri State 2 years ago from Arkansas. He only played in 5 games his freshman year at Arkansas, but he doesn't qualify for a redshirt because he played late in the 2021-22 season. So he would have 1 year of eligibility left, unless he could get a waiver. Last season he was their second leading scorer with 10.6 ppg, and this year he started most games. and was the 3rd leading scorer with 10.7 ppg and 5.3 rpg.

Comment

BU has checked in on Holy Cross Senior guard Bo Montgomery. 6’5 from Memphis originally. Lots of interest
                      Bo Montgomery (0) Guard - AS A JUNIOR IN 2022-2023: • Played in all 32 games on the season, starting 31 times • Averaged 11.3 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists

Comment

I added Bo Montgomery to this "2023 and beyond recruits" thread a couple days ago- https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...424#post517424

Comment

Originally posted by BU freak View Post
                          BU has checked in on Holy Cross Senior guard Bo Montgomery. 6’5 from Memphis originally. Lots of interest
                          Not sure why we need another guard. We are pretty much loaded with Hick, Burch, Davis, Johnson, the Italian newcomer, and possibly Deen.

BUT upside being he's from Memphis, so would have that strong connex with DB Jr, and he's built. Maybe a guy who can get to the FT line, as that's something we need to do better is draw shooting fouls.

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post

Burch showed he has a lot of potential this year, but still is really raw
                            While a bit raw, he has a nice stroke, unreal athletic ability (similar to Chris Roberts), and plays with confidence, and man does he hustle!

Comment

DEFINITELY need a big man or 2! At least 1 more even if Hannah stays. Didn't have much of an inside-outside game at Arch Madness.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X