Next season's team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season's team

Players that I want to come back because of potential; Deen, Hickman, Hannah, Davis, Burch and Thomas. I realize we will probably lose one of these guys to the portal and hope not. This staff needs to find transfers that can come in and immediately contribute.Good luck to the players that decide to stay or leave.

Has anyone had this thought or just me...the guys that didn't show up to play today probably won't be back next year so they really didn't put in the effort!!Wardle said in post game this was not the same team basically.Time will tell I guess.

Comment

I don't love threads like this because by the off chance a player reads this and they are hearing fans don't like them or want them around, that could be just another reason for them to go.

I'm not saying a message board does or should make decisions for people, but it's human nature if we hear that someone doesn't appreciate us, we are more inclined to go the other way from them.

I have my opinions about players but I just feel the time isn't right now for those.
      Go Braves!

Comment

I don't think our opinion matters that much.As coach said,players have already made up there minds.The portal and Nil is killing college basketball, particularly when you are talking the mid major conferences.

Comment

Just opinions and the players really should not make any decisions on reading any of this stuff. The time is right because decisions are going to be made in the next several days. Listening to coach it pretty much sounds like he has heard things already about players leaving the program. There really for the most part is no loyalty anymore because of the NIL money.

Comment

It would be a shock if all pf the rotation stayed. Just look at the rest of the valley.

You can't blame the coach for wanting decisions as quick as possible. The spring signing period usually starts in the second or third week of April.

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
              Players that I want to come back because of potential; Deen, Hickman, Hannah, Davis, Burch and Thomas. I realize we will probably lose one of these guys to the portal and hope not. This staff needs to find transfers that can come in and immediately contribute.Good luck to the players that decide to stay or leave.
              Any reason Atlason is left off of this list? He should continue to get better too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

Any reason Atlason is left off of this list? He should continue to get better too.
                I agree. He will be a better player in the years to come

Comment

The freshmen, Hick, Davis are the keys, and anything more is a bonus. Would be AWESOME to have Duke and Darius stay. They had terrible last game and would be a shame to go out like that as a Brave.

Just a head scratcher why Thomas didn’t see the floor for like 8-10 straight games, but maybe it’s same deal as Hannah his soph season. I really hope he stays and makes strides like Hannah did his last 2 yrs. He has a decent enough skill set for a Valley team in upper half IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
                    The freshmen, Hick, Davis are the keys, and anything more is a bonus. Would be AWESOME to have Duke and Darius stay. They had terrible last game and would be a shame to go out like that as a Brave.

Just a head scratcher why Thomas didn’t see the floor for like 8-10 straight games, but maybe it’s same deal as Hannah his soph season. I really hope he stays and makes strides like Hannah did his last 2 yrs. He has a decent enough skill set for a Valley team in upper half IMO.
                    Thomas was definitely a head scratcher because to me he was our best option as backup to Hannah. Guessing practice was the problem.

Comment

Yes, it seemed like he never improved and kind of went downhill towards the end of the season. He is 6-8 and does not rebound, fouled a lot and pretty much quit looking for his shot. I believe he has talent just not sold he is capable of playing it this level. I hope if he stays he proves me wrong but in order to compete he needs to get stronger and more athletic.

Comment

Yes, it seemed like he never improved and kind of went downhill towards the end of the season. He is 6-8 and does not rebound, fouled a lot and pretty much quit looking for his shot. I believe he has talent just not sold he is capable of playing it this level. I hope if he stays he proves me wrong but in order to compete he needs to get stronger and more athletic.
                        I thought Atlason was great considering he was just a freshman, not to mention the fact he was acclimating to a new country/continent. I expect big things from him in the future and was really pleased with his improvement on the defensive end. If he can cut down on his fouls, I think he’s going to be a big deal for us in the future.
                        Larry Bird
                        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

You think we can find 7 players better and/or with more potential than him though (you listed 6 to keep)? They said on the broadcast he’s the best freshman shooter we’ve had (I don’t know what stat they were referring to). I think both him and Burch regressed during the year, but I still think both have potential and are only freshman. They seemed to lose confidence as the year went on. Shooters don’t have to be the most athletic to be good players, though I agree he hardly shot at all at year’s end.

With Atlason, I think he was played out of position a lot this year. He’s best suited as a stretch four, but our arguably best overall player played there, so Wardle tried him at the 5 and 3 at times to mixed results. He’s not big enough for a 5 nor athletic enough for a 3. Play him at the four more and I’d love to see the results with a full year of practice and training. Remember last summer he wasn’t with us right away due to his country team he played for.

Comment

You think we can find 7 players better and/or with more potential than him though (you listed 6 to keep)? They said on the broadcast he’s the best freshman shooter we’ve had (I don’t know what stat they were referring to). I think both him and Burch regressed during the year, but I still think both have potential and are only freshman. They seemed to lose confidence as the year went on. Shooters don’t have to be the most athletic to be good players, though I agree he hardly shot at all at year’s end.

With Atlason, I think he was played out of position a lot this year. He’s best suited as a stretch four, but our arguably best overall player played there, so Wardle tried him at the 5 and 3 at times to mixed results. He’s not big enough for a 5 nor athletic enough for a 3. Play him at the four more and I’d love to see the results with a full year of practice and training. Remember last summer he wasn’t with us right away due to his country team he played for.
                            I believe the stat they were referring to was the Per cent of 3 point shots made

Comment

Almar Atlason's 41.0% 3-point FG% was the best on the team of anyone who played regularly- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...alPct/dir/desc

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X