Chicago Bears Draft Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Bears Draft Day

With draft day upon us, was curious what everyone thought the Bears were going to do with the no. 9 pick overall? Most of the talk is leaning toward Odunze falling to us, but I just can't imagine that happening (but will be ecstatic if it does). Curious what your guess is for who they will end up with and secondly, what would be your dream scenario?

I think it's likely they end up with Odunze if he drops that far. If he doesn't, I am guessing we trade down and draft JPJ, the center from Oregon or an LT.

Dream scenario would be trading up for Marvin Harrison, Jr., but I don't see any way that happens, but that would be exciting if it did.

GO BEARS!
    Larry Bird
    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

I agree that if Odunze is available at #9, I think they take him. If not, I think the Bears have a couple trade scenarios that have been offered, and maybe they trade down with a team desperate for one of the quality quarterbacks other than Caleb Brown, that will get drafted early.
    The Bears only have a total of 4 picks in the 7-round draft (two 1st round, a 3rd round, and a 4th round), so maybe they just load up on additional picks by trading down.

Comment

I want them to trade down in the 11-14 range to try and pick up a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick. Think they might wait on drafting a wr. It's a very deep class for them. I'm hoping they draft Latu if he's there or Byron Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        With draft day upon us, was curious what everyone thought the Bears were going to do with the no. 9 pick overall? Most of the talk is leaning toward Odunze falling to us, but I just can't imagine that happening (but will be ecstatic if it does). Curious what your guess is for who they will end up with and secondly, what would be your dream scenario?

I think it's likely they end up with Odunze if he drops that far. If he doesn't, I am guessing we trade down and draft JPJ, the center from Oregon or an LT.

Dream scenario would be trading up for Marvin Harrison, Jr., but I don't see any way that happens, but that would be exciting if it did.

GO BEARS!
        Gotta be Verse the DE out of FL St. Pass rush needs help.

Comment

Any one of the top 3 WRs....
          Joe Alt
          Help on D' line for Sweat, either a top DE or a replacement for DT Justin Jones (still need a starting 3 technique DT)....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
            Any one of the top 3 WRs....
            Joe Alt
            Help on D' line for Sweat, either a top DE or a replacement for DT Justin Jones (still need a starting 3 technique DT)....
            Yeah, like Afreck said, Murphy's name has been thrown around for 3 tech, but don't you think Dexter can get the job done? He looked pretty good after we picked up Sweat last year. Jury is still out on Pickens, so probably wouldn't hurt to get another one, but man, I'd hate to use another high round pick on a DT after using 2 in the last draft.
            Larry Bird
            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

They need another edge rusher and if Odunze is available they more then likely pick him. Verse would be a good pick. I think they need to keep their ninth pick and get which player can help them the most for next season. They have a lot of good young players and if they make the right draft choices they could be good for a decent amount of time. Trades and free agents could also be helpful for them.

Comment

Brock Bowers. One of the best TE prospects ever. He is a matchup nightmare. Look at the impact Taylor Swifts boy toy has for KC. If not, trade down. Hoping one of the QB’s slides and we get extra picks.

Comment

Originally posted by BU freak View Post
                  Brock Bowers. One of the best TE prospects ever. He is a matchup nightmare. Look at the impact Taylor Swifts boy toy has for KC. If not, trade down. Hoping one of the QB’s slides and we get extra picks.
                  Yes he is but they already have 2 tight ends, they have a need for other positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post

GO BEARS!

Interesing article.... They report that the Bears have indeed inquired about trading UP from the #9 pick - https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-calle...222746870.html

It might mean the Bears are considering a move to get Marvin Harrison, Jr. or one of the other non-QB players that will likely go in the first 8-9 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Interesing article.... They report that the Bears have indeed inquired about trading UP from the #9 pick - https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-calle...222746870.html

It might mean the Bears are considering a move to get Marvin Harrison, Jr. or one of the other non-QB players that will likely go in the first 8-9 picks.
                      I’ll tell you what! If that happens, I’m dancing naked on the roof! That will be the greatest draft of all time if we walked away with Caleb Williams and MHJ!
                      Larry Bird

Comment

Wow! I’ll take it! Best draft ever!
                        Larry Bird

Comment

Cannot complain about the 1st round picks....offense gonna be epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                            Cannot complain about the 1st round picks....offense gonna be epic!
                            Don't get your hopes too high guys. Last season's offensvie studs ended up being duds other than Moore and Kmet. I like the addition of Allen, but he will likely just catch 3-4 passes a game. Moore is a stud. The 2 rookies will struggle most likely. I liked Herbert better than Swift, but he should do alright.

I'll be happy to win 5 games and we see Williams grow. Not gonna be instantly a playoff team, as most fans thought before last season started. Pack still have our number.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

Don't get your hopes too high guys. Last season's offensvie studs ended up being duds other than Moore and Kmet. I like the addition of Allen, but he will likely just catch 3-4 passes a game. Moore is a stud. The 2 rookies will struggle most likely. I liked Herbert better than Swift, but he should do alright.

I'll be happy to win 5 games and we see Williams grow. Not gonna be instantly a playoff team, as most fans thought before last season started. Pack still have our number.
                              Ohh, LB!

Swift catches passes, Herbert doesn't. I love the way Herbert runs, but Swift will add a weapon out of the backfield and through the air that we didn't have before. Our receiving corps now consists of: Moore, Allen, Odunze, add in our TE's Everett and Kmet. We basically added 3 offensive weapons there and someone is going to have single coverage, so just figure out who that is and it's all over.

O line still needs work, but the center position was our weakest and we went from worst in the league to marginal with the signing of Shelton. We signed some backup O linemen that are much better than the league worst guys we had last year (though it's still a weakness). Bates was huge, as he can play center and guard, so not if, but when Jenkins gets hurt, we won't have to put a carboard cutout in there for him.

Defense is hopefully as good as last year. Byard can tackle when Jackson couldn't, so huge upgrade there, though we did lose Julius Jones and didn't really find a good replacement for him (yet), but we hope Dexter can take another step forward as his S/H/H rate after we picked up Sweat was better than his college rate, so expect big things from him.

Lastly, Caleb. I love JF, but he's not our QB anymore, and if we're honest, he didn't know how to use a pocket, ran too often, and his passes weren't exactly always on target. If Caleb is 75% as good as billed we should see a massive improvement at the QB position.

Depth is still an issue on both the O and D lines, so injuries will determine how our year goes, but if we stay relatively healthy, there shouldn't be any reason we shouldn't be contending for the division. With all the additions we've made this offseason, 5 wins would be a huge disappointment and there would definitely be jobs lost with the cycle of replacing staff starting all over again in Bears land, and nobody wants that!
                              Larry Bird

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X