• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

BU recruit- class of 2013- A.J. Riley, Manual HS

If I have to guess,I'm guessing the IHSA will NOT allow A.J. to play at N.D. I could be totally wrong buts thats the way I see it. This has turned into a huge mess ever since he decided to leave Manual. Not sure why he made that decision but he did and I think it's going to come back and bite him in the rear. Just my opinion.
 
I am wondering if the fact that Jalen James is at La Lumiere and was a starter there last year might be part of the reason A.J. left La Lumiere and returned to Peoria. They are similar players, and maybe he was concerned about playing time? It would be a shame if he ends up disqualified from playing this season.
 
I am wondering if the fact that Jalen James is at La Lumiere and was a starter there last year might be part of the reason A.J. left La Lumiere and returned to Peoria. They are similar players, and maybe he was concerned about playing time? It would be a shame if he ends up disqualified from playing this season.
I understand the concern about playing time but not so sure A.J.'s decision making has been very good in this situation. Not really sure why he wanted to leave Manual, have heard a few things but that's just hearsay. Just don't like the way this is heading for him. I really think his only choice is Manual but he may have burnt some bridges there.
 
If I have to guess,I'm guessing the IHSA will NOT allow A.J. to play at N.D. I could be totally wrong buts thats the way I see it. This has turned into a huge mess ever since he decided to leave Manual. Not sure why he made that decision but he did and I think it's going to come back and bite him in the rear. Just my opinion.

More then likely he will not be ruled elgible to play for Notre Dame by the IHSA but with all the school he has missed I doubt he would be elgible academically as from everything I have heard he left Manual do to academics, the last reason being why Bradley was not recruiting him anymore.
 
More then likely he will not be ruled elgible to play for Notre Dame by the IHSA but with all the school he has missed I doubt he would be elgible academically as from everything I have heard he left Manual do to academics, the last reason being why Bradley was not recruiting him anymore.
I have been wrong before and I will be again but, I see no way the IHSA rules him elgible to play this year. Hope I'm wrong on this one but don't think I will be. We'll know soon.
 
gerry - I know what you are saying...
Here are posts from a couple years ago about how many different schools Relphorde had actually been at...
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=145500&postcount=1
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=82850&postcount=16
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=132032&postcount=19

and now in his first year playing in the pros - he has already left his 3rd team..

http://www.eurobasket.com/Lithuania/basketball.asp?NewsID=292105&showcomments=1&Women=0#c
 
I have been wrong before and I will be again but, I see no way the IHSA rules him elgible to play this year. Hope I'm wrong on this one but don't think I will be. We'll know soon.

indeed - I hear the final ruling is ---- AJ Riley is ineligible..
several of the schools that had previously offered have reportedly put their offers on hold - but he does have an offer from ICC...
 
indeed - I hear the final ruling is ---- AJ Riley is ineligible..
several of the schools that had previously offered have reportedly put their offers on hold - but he does have an offer from ICC...
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Only problem I see with him going to ICC is he needs to graduate. That may be difficult.
 
He already has D1 scholarship offers from what I hear. So this decision would not stop him from going to a 4-year school if he chooses to do so.
 
But to be clear, this IHSAA decision has no bearing on his college eligibility. I believe he still has D1 offers.
 
do you think some of the scholarships he had offered may no longer be on the table...

I think it's more than probable most are no longer on the table . The schools know more about his grade situation and whether he'll even graduate. If he graduates and has the necessary ACT he probably will have some options. I see a JC in his future if not. Made some very bad decisions.Hope our interest has waned. We need bigs .
 
I am not sure he will graduate from Notre Dame. Everything I have heard is that 2 months had passed between the time he left La Lumiere and enrolled at Notre Dame. Or that he did not go to Indiana at all for school. It is possible that he was not in school anywhere during this time. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true can a student still graduate? That is a lot of missed class days for a non medical reason. He may have enough credit hours to meet Manual's (Dist 150) requirements though. This happens all the time at Limestone. Kids transfer there but end back up at the 150 school they came from by the end of their Senior year because of low graduation requirements (compared to surrounding districts).
 
Last edited:
I am not sure he will graduate from Notre Dame. Everything I have heard is that 2 months had passed between the time he left La Lumiere and enrolled at Notre Dame. Or that he did not go to Indiana at all for school. It is possible that he was not in school anywhere during this time. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true can a student still graduate? That is a lot of missed class days for a non medical reason. He may have enough credit hours to meet Manual's (Dist 150) requirements though. This happens all the time at Limestone. Kids transfer there but end back up at the 150 school they came from by the end of their Senior year because of low graduation requirements (compared to surrounding districts).

You still have to meet NCAA clearinghouse requirements for core curriculum to play D3 and up. Even if he has enough credits, he probably needs a year of prep school or two at JuCo to qualify for NCAA play.
 
You still have to meet NCAA clearinghouse requirements for core curriculum to play D3 and up. Even if he has enough credits, he probably needs a year of prep school or two at JuCo to qualify for NCAA play.


True. I am questioning his status in high school. Does he have enough credits to graduate from Notre Dame? They have higher requirements than Dist 150. Since AJ was academically ineligible part of last year at Manual and possibly missed 2 months of school this year, has he earned enough credits? Can a brand new student at ND receive full credit for a semester if they missed most of it for non medical reasons? I would not be suprised to hear that he has returned to Dist 150 in order to graduate.
 
Lonnie Schwindenhammer has a column about AJ Riley
he was denied eligibility three different times by IHSA including appeals...and won't play this year at Notre Dame.
This column says that all his prior D-I offers are now no longer on the table..
"None of those D-I offers are there anymore,??? ...
"At this point the only legit offer he has might be from (Illinois Central College).???

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/preps/x1037513251/Basketball-travels-back-fire-in-life-of-A-J-Riley

I suppose he could play AAU ball over the summer and attend a prep school somewhere...
 
Too Bad

Too Bad

I doubt he will qualify for a four year school. But he could be a steal. I don't understand why JUCO's wouldn't be after him. I hope things work out. But I have no idea what his grade situation is.

I doubt he could get in to Bradley, but if he really turned his grades around at ND he would be a great late year pickup.
 
Not gonna happen

Not gonna happen

You can write this down in stone he will not be playing for Bradley
 
Back
Top