• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Final score- UC San Diego 87 Bradley 77

In all honesty, I mostly care about conference play. UCSD is comparable to our better MVC teams. So, this was a good test and a good place to figure out what works for us and what doesn't.
 
I think our biggest problem is our interior players because we are not getting scoring, rebounding and defense from them. I will also say that the team has improved in several areas since the start of the season but overall inside play has to be better. UC SanDiego us a very good team and we pretty much lost because of the free throw differential. We will win a lot of games if our guards continue to play like today and our centers and forwards figure out a way to contribute more.
n
 
Even with the free throw differential, I thought the game was winnable. Lots of really bad turnovers. I think our lackluster defense made them look better than they are. Meta and timo didn’t do much, but at least they’ve made some contribution on other games. Corey is a disappointment this season. Not seeing anything from him on either end of the court.
 
We also have to come to terms with the fact that this team is almost a total rebuild! We are the 2nd youngest in MVC! I don't want to say this early that we can't come on strong later in the year like other BU teams have so I'll end this confidently and say we still have an outside chance of being top 4 in Valley this year!
Total rebuild?? How so? We have 4 seniors with lots of experience, Burch who knows the system in and out, and a proven sophomore PG. Meanwhile we have gotten beat by 2 teams who underwent a COMPLETE overhaul of a roster. There is no excuse - Meta and Corey have not shown up and that has hurt. We simply haven't gelled yet and unfortunately that's been the story of Wardle teams since the beginning...then at some point we catch fire. Last year was an exception.

Next year we get even younger, which may be a good thing, but we do need some upperclassmen leaders every year. I do like AJ Smith's tenacity and need that from the other 3 seniors.
 
I cannot vouch for that statistic, but it was stated in an early article from the Bradley website (2nd only to Valparaiso)-
We don't seem that young - maybe it's just me. 4 seniors and a Jr who get lots of PT.
And 2 of our freshmen barely see the floor. I do like our 2 stud underclassmen PG's who hopefully stay all 4 yrs!
 
Defense and rebounding were SUPPOSED to have been a point of emphasis this season - even Demarion told me that a month b4 the 1st game. It has been pretty weak and inconsistent, but looks to be getting a bit better.
 
Yes you cannot overcome that in a game. The charge on Bully was a complete travesty. I would have thought we were playing this game on the road instead of at a supposedly neutral site.
There also was a foul called on Burch defending a guy driving to the hoop, in which the replay showed no contact at all - just a ridiculously embellished acting job by the UC San Diego guy.
Anyone watching could see we at least played them even in all respects - even out played them in some stretches and yet ….

Any, I was hoping we got a shot at Ritchie.

IMG_4941.jpeg
 
I hate losing. That said, I saw progress made in this loss. The comeback made in the last 4 minutes shows me this team has the heart and attitude that draws me toward being a fan in the first place. As the season progresses, there is hope that the skills and execution can compliment the intangibles that we have… and it could be a good ride.
 
I hate losing. That said, I saw progress made in this loss. The comeback made in the last 4 minutes shows me this team has the heart and attitude that draws me toward being a fan in the first place. As the season progresses, there is hope that the skills and execution can compliment the intangibles that we have… and it could be a good ride.
Yes I agree
 
There also was a foul called on Burch defending a guy driving to the hoop, in which the replay showed no contact at all - just a ridiculously embellished acting job by the UC San Diego guy.
Anyone watching could see we at least played them even in all respects - even out played them in some stretches and yet ….

Any, I was hoping we got a shot at Ritchie.

View attachment 529246
We were sitting probably 25 ft away from this play when it happened. The UCSD player was out of control and tripped over his own feet. Horrible call among MANY.... We had one of the referrees complain to security about our group. We had a group of about 15. No one in our group had an expletive that was said or anything personal. But we were letting the refs know how bad they were doing.... they took it personal.

I loved what one guy in the crowd yelled and everyone in the arena heard. Hey refs, I hope this isn't.your full-time job because you are terrible at it.
 
Back
Top