Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appalling grenade?

I figure this is only a paragraph..

1 Down ??“ Bradley Braves basketball. The Braves are going nowhere this season. I even tried to be nice on the air and say, ???Anything can still happen. They could go to St. Louis and win four games in four days and make the NCAA tournament.??? And The Looch just said, ???No, they can??™t.??? ???Well, they can,??? I said. ???No,??? he said. I??™m sure he??™s right. I??™m also sure I am right about this: The unofficial countdown to the end of Jim Les???s career as head coach has begun. It??™s important to emphasize, nothing is set in stone. We don??™t know what tomorrow holds. (Maybe Armageddon?) But the program is in serious need of a change in direction, and I believe it??™s going to happen.

I dont know if we should be more mad at Kirk for writing that we could win four games in four days, or the Looch for saying that we can't win 4 games in 4 days.

What do you guys think?

With the exception of the "Looch" who I could care less about, this topic has been discussed in what 15-20 threads already? Give it a rest.
    Bradley 72 - Illini 68 Final

???It??™s awful hard,??™??™ said Illini freshman guard D.J. Richardson, the former Central High School guard who played prep school ball a few miles from here and fought back tears outside the locker room. ???It??™s a hometown thing. It??™s bragging rights.??™

Comment

Well I think he is speculating what a lot of people think. I think it would be difficult to win 4 games in 4 days.

The guy gets paid to publish his opinion. Obviously the radio guys hold similar opinions.
      When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Comment

This is two articles in 3 days speculating strongly that a change is coming. The university could end all the speculation real quick if they wanted to. All they need to do is come out and make a statement that he's returning. Anyone ever ask themselves why they haven't?
        Onward and Upward!

Comment

I am more focused on the 4 games in 4 days.

Do you guys think we can do that? Its pretty taxing to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyBrave View Post
            The university could end all the speculation real quick if they wanted to. All they need to do is come out and make a statement that he's returning. Anyone ever ask themselves why they haven't?

No, but if I were to ask myself that, I would probably say that they would wait until the end of the year before making any decisions or final evaluations.

Comment

Originally posted by Buesch N Chips View Post
              No, but if I were to ask myself that, I would probably say that they would wait until the end of the year before making any decisions or final evaluations.
              If there is a question on whether one is coming back, then I would agree 100%. If there was no question whatsoever, then there's no use waiting.
              Onward and Upward!

Comment

Forget that. Did you guys watch the Livingston knee injury again?

Wow - horrible. I'm glad to see him doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by srw View Post

They would be able to play four in four days but not win four in four days. Tired legs. Barely walk.

Comment

If there is a question on whether one is coming back, then I would agree 100%. If there was no question whatsoever, then there's no use waiting.
                    He has years left on his contract. Why would they come out and say he is coming back is he has years left?

Comment

Originally posted by Buesch N Chips View Post
                      He has years left on his contract. Why would they come out and say he is coming back is he has years left?
                      Put an end to speculation. Years or not, people are speculating quite strongly, including the local newspaper.

Bruce Weber has years left on his deal too, and their AD released a statement.

Everyone is different, and has different philosophies on how to handle these things. I am just saying they could end the speculation if they wanted to. All it would take would be a 2-3 sentence press release to the PJ Star, they don't even have to call a press conference. Glasser loves the spotlight and the press, this is a chance for more. Perhaps even secure some more donations since Jim brings in so much money?

At the very least, it might help reassure recruits that Jim is going to be there next year when they arrive. Don't you think teams recruiting against BU might use Wessler's column against us, regardless of how inaccurate it may be?
                      Onward and Upward!

Comment

Don't you think teams recruiting against BU might use Wessler's column against us, regardless of how inaccurate it may be?
                        Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by srw View Post

No way we win 4 in 4 days...especially with our lack of depth...which is one of the main reasons we are in this postion.

Comment

Originally posted by KW
                            It’s important to emphasize, nothing is set in stone.

Sounds to me like he is backing away from his more definitive statement in the previous column, and admitting he doesn't really know.
                            Which is exactly what I said was the case.

Of course it hurts Bradley's recruiting. That is exactly the intent. IMO, that's irresponsible and unethical, but why does that surprise anyone?

Comment

I dont think the problem will be tired legs on Sunday
                              Both teams left will have tired legs by Sunday...

The trouble will be getting by WSU or MSU in the second round....Not fatigue.
                              BUilding for the Future

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X