This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 and beyond recruits

Starting a new thread for future recruits...

The open scholarship will not be open very long.
    The new big man mid-season recruit we have mentioned on Bradleyfans.com for the last 8 days is said to be finalized and should happen shortly.

Cant wait. Everybody is excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
      Starting a new thread for future recruits...

The open scholarship will not be open very long.
      The new big man Mid-Season recruit we have mentioned on Bradleyfans.com for the last week or more is said to be finalized and should happen shortly.

So I assume we've moved on from the Serbian theory...?

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

So I assume we've moved on from the Serbian theory...?
        No..... the "theory" is about to be proven fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

No..... the "theory" is about to be proven fact.
          Very exciting

Comment

Gonna be a Christmas present for the Braves fans....

Comment

This will be interesting. Obviously don’t know the particulars but it would seem coming in for second semester would use a full year of eligibility unless they played first semester for someone else. Also integrating into Brian’s system quickly will be a challenge to do especially while the rest of the team is in the middle of game to game preparations-can’t focus too much on getting someone new up to speed while focusing on winning the Valley this year.
              houstonbrave

Comment

Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
                This will be interesting. Obviously don’t know the particulars but it would seem coming in for second semester would use a full year of eligibility unless they played first semester for someone else. Also integrating into Brian’s system quickly will be a challenge to do especially while the rest of the team is in the middle of game to game preparations-can’t focus too much on getting someone new up to speed while focusing on winning the Valley this year.
                Still working on ID'ing the kid, but none of my sources so far can give me a name (though I think I have it narrowed down to a small number of possibilities).
                What I have been told is he is a Serbian big man (described as "huge"), pretty skilled, and he's "on the way"....

And yes, the NCAA counts even 1/2 year as a full season of eligibility, which is why it doesn't happen very often. Plus, as you said, they are deprived of the off-season workouts, and all the preseason conditioning and practices. So they will be unfamiliar with the system, their new coaches, and their new teammates. Another reason why very few recruits will enroll this way.

Comment

IMO, if there is one thing this team is lacking that would give Bradley an advantage this season and in the MVC Tournament, as well as in the postseson NCAA Tournament if we are so fortunate, is a true low post player. Yes, Bradley has better overall size than any other MVC team, but none are true back-to-the basket low post players. My guess is our coaches want to add a player with the open scholarship that fills that missing piece. And they aren't looking for a project to develop. I don't know how much they have seen of this recruit, but they must believe he can play and contribute now.

Comment

Exciting news! Thanks for sharing Coach.

Comment

So I still don’t have a name of the Serbian…. The only details are…. He speaks no English! He yells when he scores, belief is he’s pretty good.

Team reports back to practice Monday, Dec 26 at 5. Go Braves!

Comment

Originally posted by ️ Fanatic View Post
                        So I still don’t have a name of the Serbian…. The only details are…. He speaks no English! He yells when he scores, belief is he’s pretty good.

Team reports back to practice Monday, Dec 26 at 5. Go Braves!
                        Speaks no English! Is that going to be problematic for classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

Speaks no English! Is that going to be problematic for classes?
                          Yes - I would imagine so…. And communication with teammates & coaches will be challenging.

Comment

Well I’m really dying to know who it is and find out all about him. Didn’t ISU Red have a Serbian that lit us up last year that also transferred?
                            Larry Bird
                            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

If this new transfer enrolls for January Interim classes can he be elgible to play or does he have to wait until Spring classes begin?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X