Next season's team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
    Man - can we start the 2024-'25 season already!!!??? Other than Hick leaving, we return the bulk of last year's scoring, and we should add a couple more pieces in the next month, along with a couple incoming freshmen who have bright futures, though I don't expect them to play much with all the competition for minutes.

Should Zek return (just rumors now), are we all set for the starting 5? I think we need to add a more athletic big man, and Burch and Davis would get big min. as 6th man.

Hannah
    Deen
    Burch
    Davis
    Zek
    ____
    Atlason
    Linke (maybe)
    Ahmet
    Ja'Quan
    Van der Knapp

Let's get focused and primed for another championship run boys!
    I hate to disagree but that starting 5 would be a poor one. There are not enough rebounders in that group. Leons was a terrific rebounder and defender, Davis will never be even close to equaling that so we need to find an athletic 4 that can score and rebound. Zek played the 3 guard and at times played the point, also remember him guarding Kent and shutting him down.
    I like Davis but do not think he is a capable 4. I really think if Burch gets in the gym and works hard on his 3 point shot he could become a big time scorer.
    We definitely need a pf, 3 shooting guards and a backup center. Those 5 spots are crucial to winning big next season. I would prefer to fill them with experienced transfer players.

Comment

His decision, to me, is about rectifying a wrong decision - being loyal to the team that showed interest in him from the beginning when nobody else did.
      Hate to say, but I would lose a lot of respect for Zek if he were to decide not to return, and Bradley gives him a great chance to taste success like he did as a freshman and sophomore.
      Everyone is open to their own opinions and feelings, but I don't understand losing respect for him for not coming back. He already left. If he decided to stay at Rhode Island then we wouldn't even be discussing him. I do agree that he needs to approach this as to who positions him best for success.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post

Everyone is open to their own opinions and feelings, but I don't understand losing respect for him for not coming back. He already left. If he decided to stay at Rhode Island then we wouldn't even be discussing him. I do agree that he needs to approach this as to who positions him best for success.
        I agree. I won't lose any respect for him if he doesn't come back. I'm still disappointed that he left the first time, but that decision was made and is in the same place it was whether he comes back or not. That being said, I'd love to have him back. He made a decision he thought was in his best interest at the time, and he should do the same this time. I just hope he realizes that the best place for him may be where he started out. If the coaches and the players would like to have him back, and he feels the same then that's all that matters.
        DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

I hate to disagree but that starting 5 would be a poor one. There are not enough rebounders in that group. Leons was a terrific rebounder and defender, Davis will never be even close to equaling that so we need to find an athletic 4 that can score and rebound. Zek played the 3 guard and at times played the point, also remember him guarding Kent and shutting him down.
          I like Davis but do not think he is a capable 4. I really think if Burch gets in the gym and works hard on his 3 point shot he could become a big time scorer.
          We definitely need a pf, 3 shooting guards and a backup center. Those 5 spots are crucial to winning big next season. I would prefer to fill them with experienced transfer players.
          Uh uh. Here is the lineup:

5 - A portal guy
          4 - Hannah (no way he comes back if he’s playing the 5 again)
          3 - Davis
          2 - Zek (if the rumors are true, otherwise, a portal guy)
          1 - Duke

Burch//Almar/the 2 freshmen (if they can contribute) are the bench guys. And Meta. Or another portal guy can backup at the 2 and 3. The other spots are filler. Wardle is going to play only 8, maybe 9.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalFan View Post

5 - A portal guy
            3 - Davis
            1 - Duke

Burch//Almar/the 2 freshmen (if they can contribute) are the bench guys. And Meta. Or another portal guy can backup at the 2 and 3. The other spots are filler. Wardle is going to play only 8, maybe 9.
            I agree with this, and ideally I think we get a better 3.

Comment

I expect to see some improvement in Meta's game this year. I remember last year many on here were claiming he was going to be a big contributor last year, but I just didn't expect that. No way can a guy come in like he did and improve so much in half a year that he was going to be great, and if he was able to do that would have never been at Bradley to start with at his size.

So much is different in the American game for a guy like Meta, it takes some time, and experience in real games to understand how to get better, what works and what doesn't. If he doesn't show big improvement this year, then he might not ever show it during his time at BU
              DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post
                I expect to see some improvement in Meta's game this year. I remember last year many on here were claiming he was going to be a big contributor last year, but I just didn't expect that. No way can a guy come in like he did and improve so much in half a year that he was going to be great, and if he was able to do that would have never been at Bradley to start with at his size.

So much is different in the American game for a guy like Meta, it takes some time, and experience in real games to understand how to get better, what works and what doesn't. If he doesn't show big improvement this year, then he might not ever show it during his time at BU
                I never thought he would be much of a contributor, too slow and unathletic. If he spends the off-season with the S&C coaches they could def make him a role player, and possibly a major contributor the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalFan View Post

5 - A portal guy
                  3 - Davis
                  1 - Duke
                  I think most of us feel good that Bradley will have a good year in 2024-25. But Coach Wardle and the staff will need to do a great recruiting job the next 12 months to replace the players who Bradley will lose at the end of 2024-25.
                  These are the BU players entering their final year of eligibility. Senior Night in late February, 2025, will be the busiest one in memory.
                  Duke Deen
                  Darius Hannah
                  Zek Montgomery
                  Christian Davis
                  Connor Dillon
                  Connor Linke (if he returns for his 5th year)
                  and even Cade Hardtke and Sam Hennessy

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

I think most of us feel good that Bradley will have a good year in 2024-25. But Coach Wardle and the staff will need to do a great recruiting job the next 12 months to replace the players who Bradley will lose at the end of 2024-25.
                    These are the BU players entering their final year of eligibility. Senior Night in late February, 2025, will be the busiest one in memory.
                    Duke Deen
                    Darius Hannah
                    Zek Montgomery
                    Christian Davis
                    Connor Dillon
                    Connor Linke (if he returns for his 5th year)
                    and even Cade Hardtke and Sam Hennessy
                    What are the chances that Wardle leaves after this next season (assuming we make the NCAA tournament or an NIT run)?

He has put together a good resume, after next season it looks like basically a rebuild anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post

What are the chances that Wardle leaves after this next season (assuming we make the NCAA tournament or an NIT run)?

He has put together a good resume, after next season it looks like basically a rebuild anyway.
                      It is pretty much a rebuild every year.

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

It is pretty much a rebuild every year.
                        SMH - how? Maybe just a general comment to the way of mid major schools in recent years with the transfer portal?
                        We keep many pieces from previous seasons in the Wardle era. He has done a great job in that regard - as well as any other MVC head coach. Our goal in each of the last 5-6 seasons has remained to win the Valley and make the NCAA tourney. That can't be said for half of the MVC teams who are rebuilding nearly every season with > 50% turnover

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post

I'd say pretty high. With that said, should we win the Valley and make it to the Big Dance (and in effect lose BW) I'd take that over another NIT appearance (and winning a couple games) and Wardle staying...though that is a very close 2nd.

Comment

I'd say pretty high. With that said, should we win the Valley and make it to the Big Dance (and in effect lose BW) I'd take that over another NIT appearance (and winning a couple games) and Wardle staying...though that is a very close 2nd.
                            I think I would too. I would love for us to make a run in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X