Collapse

Chicago Bears Draft Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry LB(debbie downer).....but your wrong...Bears will win 10 games and make the playoffs....offense will be strong and a top 10 defense....BEAR DOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Sorry LB(debbie downer).....but your wrong...Bears will win 10 games and make the playoffs....offense will be strong and a top 10 defense....BEAR DOWN!
      I agree because the Bears lost some close games last year because they were young and inexperienced plus the OC was not good. They have added more talent and have what I think the most talented receivers in the division if not the league. They are still going to add two players from this draft plus possible trades. The future looks really good and the GM has done an outstanding job. The only thing stopping them is key injuries to their best players.

Comment

5 wins is much more likely than 10! Bears fans have such a short-term memory and always face disappointment to high expectations at the start of EVERY season. Williams is gonna get some hard knocks. The big Q will be our coaches - now with Getsy gone, that should help. He was horrible. Our head coach...smh - 2 more yrs max and he'll get canned.

Fields (who I didn't think was great, but decent) was getting in the groove and now we'll have to start over from the momentum we built. I bet he's jacked to be on Steelers and win more than Bears.

**You can probably tell that I am MUCH more optimistic about BU players and team in the past 10 yrs than Da Bears. LOL
        Sorry guys - I tried to warn Bears fans the past 2-3 years and they didn't listen with rose-colored glasses! Last year most were saying - This year is DIFFERENT (much like this year) and then halfway thru the season, those same fans were saying - well, we knew it was gonna be a rebuilding year! It's like...Oh here we go AGAIN! I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'lll take the side of low expectations this year and they can prove me wrong! It's just hard to understand Bears fans other than their loyalty and sorry if this is offensive, but we are the laughing stock among NFL fans, along with the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
          5 wins is much more likely than 10! Bears fans have such a short-term memory and always face disappointment to high expectations at the start of EVERY season. Williams is gonna get some hard knocks. The big Q will be our coaches - now with Getsy gone, that should help. He was horrible. Our head coach...smh - 2 more yrs max and he'll get canned.

Fields (who I didn't think was great, but decent) was getting in the groove and now we'll have to start over from the momentum we built. I bet he's jacked to be on Steelers and win more than Bears.

**You can probably tell that I am MUCH more optimistic about BU players and team in the past 10 yrs than Da Bears. LOL
          Sorry guys - I tried to warn Bears fans the past 2-3 years and they didn't listen with rose-colored glasses! Last year most were saying - This year is DIFFERENT (much like this year) and then halfway thru the season, those same fans were saying - well, we knew it was gonna be a rebuilding year! It's like...Oh here we go AGAIN! I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'lll take the side of low expectations this year and they can prove me wrong! It's just hard to understand Bears fans other than their loyalty and sorry if this is offensive, but we are the laughing stock among NFL fans, along with the Browns.
          They are but a lot has changed, Poles replaced Pace which has made a huge difference in how they run this organization. The talent level is so much better then it has been for a long time. Now they just need to produce on the field.

Comment

The Bears were 3 blown 10 point 4th quarter leads away from the playoffs with a team on paper that isn’t as talented as next year’s team. The defense and bad turnovers cost them in those games.

Caleb Williams has been talked about for years as the top prospect to come out of college in years. He’d have gone number 1 last year over Young and Stroud no doubt. He’d almost certainly have gone number 1 in 2022 provided the Jaguars could have found a trade partner after taking Lawrence in 2021. I’m not saying Williams is can’t miss and I know some people have trouble with his antics off the field (even though most of them are more emotional or weird then actually problematic), but he’s a much better prospect than Trubisky or Fields. I was a Fields fan and would have loved to see him succeed, but I trust what Poles is doing.

All of this is to say that I get being pessimistic based on the history of the Bears, but this is, on paper, the best group of offensive players I’ve seen in my lifetime on the Bears. I wasn’t alive during the Sweetness years, but you got a sure fire Hall of Fame wideout in Keenan Allen, a potential Hall of Famer if he continues to have success in DJ Moore, and a rookie with a very high ceiling in Rome Odunze. Swift is a very good NFL running back and Herbert and Johnson provide great depth. For the first time in years, optimism is actually warranted and not just hopeful because you’re a fan. For the first time in years, I’m actually really excited to watch this team. Even after they got Moore last year, I had some hope, but I thought they’d be a 6-8 win team, and they ended up winning 7. Unless Williams completely falls on his face like Bryce Young, which I don’t see happening, no reason to expect less than the 7 wins they had last season. I’d wager their over/under for wins would be set around 8.5, and I’d bet the over on it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
            Working...
            X