• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Final score: Illinois State 88 Bradley 62

IMO, the keys to Bradley winning are not to dig a big hole early in the game, and to defend Chase Walker well.
If someone gets hot from three like Jack Daugherty did the last time these teams played, then maybe it won't matter....
Well, it was 0-3 on those "keys to winning"
Bradley dug a big hole in the first half and trailed by 15 at halftime
Bradley did a poor job defending Chase Walker. He ended with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
And the Jack Daugherty award today goes to Boden Skunberg. The reserve transfer guard from North Dakota State went crazy shooting 9-15 from every spot on the floor, and was the leading scorer with 23 points for ISU.
Final score- Illinois State 88 Bradley 62
Stats- https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=612222
 
One thing I can't understand is how inefficient Bradley players are at the basket.
In today's game, Bradley was just 7-20 on layups. It's hard to stay in a game with poor shooting percentage (35.1%) and inability to finish layups.

1768684447588.png
 
Richardson looked good at times on offense but defensively he has a lot of break downs. He doesn't look like he is ready for the physicality of the game. He did do some nice things. Don't understand he hasn't played all year and you insert him in a game with the toughest environment all year. I hate saying this but we are an average team in a weak league. In recruiting need physical posts that can move and guards and wings that can shoot. No more 5th year players.
 
One thing I can't understand is how inefficient Bradley players are at the basket.
In today's game, Bradley was just 7-20 on layups. It's hard to stay in a game with poor shooting percentage (35.1%) and inability to finish layups.

View attachment 529305
Coach, I think it's because we are unable to match their physicality inside and at the rim.Bumps and hits at the rim knock us off balance ... Results missed shots
 
Coach, I think it's because we are unable to match their physicality inside and at the rim.Bumps and hits at the rim knock us off balance ... Results missed shots
Yes, but we've seen this kind of inefficient layup percentage in many games this season. It's frustrating for us fans, so I would think it has to be frustrating for the coaches and players.
 
I have a couple of thoughts about this team. I have no stats to confirm this, but it is what my eyes see.

We seem to be slower than many of the teams that we have lost to, resulting in a team that is exposed defensively, (88 points allowed today).

In addition to being an average to below average defense, we look to be only average to slightly above average shooters.

As a result, we look like an average to a bit above average team that should probably be around 10-10 instead of 13-7.

Love Coach Wardle and what he has done for this program, but I think this years' transfers are not working out for us so far.

Hoping the team improves a bunch before Arch Madness, but at this point, we do not look like a team that will make a run in St Louis.
 
Yes, but we've seen this kind of inefficient layup percentage in many games this season. It's frustrating for us fans, so I would think it has to be frustrating for the coaches and players.
I don't think Smith has made more than a couple lay ups all season...Vanderknap isn't much better!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
 
I have a couple of thoughts about this team. I have no stats to confirm this, but it is what my eyes see.

We seem to be slower than many of the teams that we have lost to, resulting in a team that is exposed defensively, (88 points allowed today).

In addition to being an average to below average defense, we look to be only average to slightly above average shooters.

As a result, we look like an average to a bit above average team that should probably be around 10-10 instead of 13-7.

Love Coach Wardle and what he has done for this program, but I think this years' transfers are not working out for us so far.

Hoping the team improves a bunch before Arch Madness, but at this point, we do not look like a team that will make a run in St Louis.
Totally agree. I will add we are a very poor rebounding team as well. As I've said before, we rarely get off to good starts. Substitution patters have to change.
 
Lets face it we are an average team at best because we lack a lot of inside talent and consistent shooters. Our seniors are suppose to be leaders but from what I have seen Meta is the only one that has shown improvement. We should be able to recruit better players since our attendance is the best in the Valley and overall support at the top. This next recruiting cycle needs to be a lot better period.
 
Wardle must adapt to the portal or this program will be at best average in the MVC. New coaches come in with all new players and are successful. It is hard for a mid major like Bradley to attract good talent and even harder to retain good players.
 
Wardle must adapt .....
I think he is -
he's trying to bring in solid DI-ready guys like Thornbrue and the two big men that are visiting this weekend..
Between now & spring, I doubt we will offer any more high schoolers
 
I think he is -
he's trying to bring in solid DI-ready guys like Thornbrue and the two big men that are visiting this weekend..
Between now & spring, I doubt we will offer any more high schoolers
Trying and succeeding is the difference. We have not been good at getting talented portal players. Had we brought in 3 portal players that could actually contribute we would have challenged for a Valley title this year. We have to be one of the worst portal recruiting teams in the Valley. Could we be losing players because their grades are not good enough to get into Bradley?
 
Back
Top