• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

NCAA games

Da Coach

Moderator
Staff member
There are two NCAA First Four games tonight, Tueasday, March 17-
Times are Central Time
5:40PM
tru

college-basketball team logo16 UMBC 24-8
college-basketball team logo16 Howard 23-10
Midwest region, First Four, NCAA Tourney, University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
​
8:15PM
tru

college-basketball team logo11 Texas 18-14
college-basketball team logo11 NC State 20-13
West region, First Four, NCAA Tourney, University of Dayton Ar
 
Amazing how well the midmajors are doing so far....

Miami (OH) won
High Point beats Wisconsin with a rebound and breakaway with 11 sec left
Siena leads Duke by 11 points at the end of the 1st half
McNeese is up 10 on Vanderbilt mid-1st half

High Point coach is mocking all the pundits who claimed ""but they didn't play anyone"...
..." well we played someone now...and none of those guys would ever schedule us!"
Could this be the year of the midmajors? I hope so.
 
Last edited:
A very excited High Point coach stuck it to the power conference teams in his on-court, post-game tv interview, saying how the so-called power teams won't play the mid-majors. "But they have to play us in this tournament!" Well done, sir! Go mid-majors!
 
Siena lead at halftime 43-32, but they only scored 22 points in the 2nd half. Duke finally took the lead in the final 4 minutes and held on to win 71-65. - https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856478

There is still only one #16 seed to beat a #1 seed, in 2018, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) knocked off #1 seed Virginia.
No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson (FDU) defeated No. 1 seed Purdue 63–58 in the first round of the 2023 NCAA Tournament on March 17, 2023. FDU became only the second 16-seed to ever beat a 1-seed, utilizing quick guards and intense pressure to disrupt the Boilermakers.
 
No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson (FDU) defeated No. 1 seed Purdue 63–58 in the first round of the 2023 NCAA Tournament on March 17, 2023. FDU became only the second 16-seed to ever beat a 1-seed, utilizing quick guards and intense pressure to disrupt the Boilermakers.
I stand corrected. I must have been getting my info from an old article stating the UMBC win was the only #16 seed upset. Thanks for the info egib.
 
I stand corrected. I must have been getting my info from an old article stating the UMBC win was the only #16 seed upset. Thanks for the info egib.
When I saw your post, I could swear Purdue got upset, but I couldn't remember by who, so I had to look it up.
 
Siena lead at halftime 43-32, but they only scored 22 points in the 2nd half. Duke finally took the lead in the final 4 minutes and held on to win 71-65. - https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856478

There is still only one #16 seed to beat a #1 seed, in 2018, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) knocked off #1 seed Virginia.
Siene played their starting five the entire game, except for one sub in the waning seconds. I thing their exhaustion led to the five minute scoring drought late in the second half, and that cost them the game. They almost pulled off the upset.
 
Siene played their starting five the entire game, except for one sub in the waning seconds. I thing their exhaustion led to the five minute scoring drought late in the second half, and that cost them the game. They almost pulled off the upset.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I've ever seen this kind of box score before-
1773965515991.png
 
North Carolina goes down

VCU 82 - UNC 78

VCU comes back from a 19-point deficit
Major upsets, so far-
#12 seed High Point BEAT #5 seed Wisconsin 83-82- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856480
#11 seed VCU BEAT #6 seed North Carolina 82-78 in OT- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856490
#11 seed Texas BEAT #6 seed BYU 79-71- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856484
#10 seed Texas A&M BEAT #7 seed St. Mary's 63-50- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401856492
 
I know it is an upset according to seeding, but I don't consider Texas and Texas A&M as "real" upsets, only mid-majors winning count as upsets ;)
 
I know it is an upset according to seeding, but I don't consider Texas and Texas A&M as "real" upsets, only mid-majors winning count as upsets ;)
Agree, those are SEC schools. St.Louis gave a beat down last night to Georgia and I have to say they were under seeded because they play in the A-10.
 
Santa Clara shoulda won - got robbed on that jump ball that they awarded a time out to UK

Wright State up 5 at half over #3 seed Virginia
 
Santa Clara"s coach was trying to call timeout after the 3 they made in regulation and was ignored. The non jump ball call was total BS and then in overtime after the block shot the UK player ran with the ball before passing it down to the other end for a layup. They call that travelling in the rule book.
The refs were completely biased in the last few minutes of that game.
 
hope our staff is watching UNI/St John's
The way to beat UNI is pressure the heck out of them for 94 feet...
 
Back
Top