Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES!
    Larry Bird
    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Preseason favorite to repeat. Maybe.

Comment

I'm worried about UNI next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
          Should hear some time this afternoon.....
          Malevy will be playing for Bradley next season!
          Man that's great news....been waiting on that...

Comment

Awesome!!!
            DUBL R 1

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker View Post

I can definitely see that being a stance Wardle would have. I can't see him taking someone back in that decided to test the waters. He values loyalty and commitment to the program, himself, and what he is trying to accomplish.
                I understand the sentiment Brian feels there, but every circumstance is so different. Are you telling me if Rienk has second thoughts and comes back he would say no? Rienk is not a guy who came for a year and left. He stayed four years, graduated, and is exploring his options.

Also, I'm glad Malevy is coming back. I don't fault any of these players for using the current system to their advantage, but I would have faulted him for making a big announcement he is coming back and then changing his mind. Especially given the publicity and positive attention he got for making such an announcement, which he didn't have to make. As long as Hick, Zek, Leons, and Jonovic/Hannah come back I really think our floor is pretty good. Still have some big needs including point guard, shooters, and an athletic big that can bang down low. But we should be at least competitive with that core coming back.

We have two open scholarships now with Rienk and Ville leaving, and I have to imagine we will have at least one or two more. That would be enough to get those three needs I mentioned (probably need 3-4 players to fill those needs).

Comment

What is the difference between players entertaining portal possibilities and Wardle entertaining coaching offers from a “loyalty” standpoint?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

I understand the sentiment Brian feels there, but every circumstance is so different. Are you telling me if Rienk has second thoughts and comes back he would say no? Rienk is not a guy who came for a year and left. He stayed four years, graduated, and is exploring his options.

Also, I'm glad Malevy is coming back. I don't fault any of these players for using the current system to their advantage, but I would have faulted him for making a big announcement he is coming back and then changing his mind. Especially given the publicity and positive attention he got for making such an announcement, which he didn't have to make. As long as Hick, Zek, Leons, and Jonovic/Hannah come back I really think our floor is pretty good. Still have some big needs including point guard, shooters, and an athletic big that can bang down low. But we should be at least competitive with that core coming back.

We have two open scholarships now with Rienk and Ville leaving, and I have to imagine we will have at least one or two more. That would be enough to get those three needs I mentioned (probably need 3-4 players to fill those needs).
                    I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how good Jonovic is going to be

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how good Jonovic is going to be
                      That's how I see it too. I think with the Mast news it's being overlooked or underestimated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton BU fan View Post

That's how I see it too. I think with the Mast news it's being overlooked or underestimated.
                        I agree. He's a tall AND big AND mobile center. Those three things don't often come to a mid-major with 3 more years of eligibility. We've had tall and mobile. We've had tall and big. When's the last time we had all 3?

Also I'm really excited to see continued growth from Montgomery, Hannah and Hickman. Deen has proved he is an asset as well. As much as I hate to lose Reink I truly believe we have a solid core to continue with. And I fully believe BW will make great additions with the open slots we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalCriddle10 View Post
                          What is the difference between players entertaining portal possibilities and Wardle entertaining coaching offers from a “loyalty” standpoint?
                          Did Wardle tell Bradley he is going to leave Bradley and has decided to entertain other coaching offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

Did Wardle tell Bradley he is going to leave Bradley and has decided to entertain other coaching offers?
                            Don’t think I said he did or has- my question is that with such a staunch position of “if you entertain offers” you cannot come back - does that mean he would not entertain such offers to position himself into a P6 job or any job that would offer more money- just legitimately asking the difference

Comment

• Originally posted by CalCriddle10 View Post

Don’t think I said he did or has- my question is that with such a staunch position of “if you entertain offers” you cannot come back - does that mean he would not entertain such offers to position himself into a P6 job or any job that would offer more money- just legitimately asking the difference
                              More then likely we would never know what jobs he might be in consideration for until he actually got hired.
                              I think we have a pretty good chance of keeping him at least until his girls both graduate HS. Just my opinion

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X