Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happening at Bradley is happening everywhere. The Division I portal has been open for 1 week, and there are 634 names as of 11:30 am today.
    That is almost 2 per team, and it's just getting started.-
    https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1 (scroll down past the "RECENT TRANSFERS" section to see full list)

The last 2 years, the number exceeded 1,700, and that was before the NIL rules kicked in.
    I expect this year's number to go much higher.

Comment

Well, hopefully Wardle stays and can reload BU's roster. If Leons does leave it will be sad, but I think I would be even more sad if the younger players leave that saw some development this year.
      Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
        I’m expecting Leons because he said he chose Bradley in part to play with mast.
        If it's Leons I'll be highly disappointed. Since he did in fact say he was returning next year...and got some pretty good press coverage over it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker View Post
          Well, hopefully Wardle stays and can reload BU's roster. If Leons does leave it will be sad, but I think I would be even more sad if the younger players leave that saw some development this year.
          Any time you get new players it takes a year to get the program going. Players get acclimated to the system,the school and each other

Comment

Too bad but transfer portal and NIL is going to kill college basketball, particularly for the mid majors programs .What is the NCAA thinking.Every thing is about the money.

Comment

To me the only way to build a mid major at this point is with guys like Hickman, Hannah, and zek. Good but not great players that probably won't leave unless they have a breakout year. It's almost better if your players don't get good enough to be on first team all valley cuz when they do they leave...

Comment

Originally posted by Cousins Cuts podcast View Post
                To me the only way to build a mid major at this point is with guys like Hickman, Hannah, and zek. Good but not great players that probably won't leave unless they have a breakout year. It's almost better if your players don't get good enough to be on first team all valley cuz when they do they leave...
                I think another strategy is to pick up players in the portal as well. Once the players use their first transfer without penalty they will be as locked in as they used to be and have to sit out a year if they want to transfer again. So finding a good player in the portal that will come to BU could be really beneficial as they would have to sit out a year to transfer again, which should keep them for the most part.
                Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker View Post

I think another strategy is to pick up players in the portal as well. Once the players use their first transfer without penalty they will be as locked in as they used to be and have to sit out a year if they want to transfer again. So finding a good player in the portal that will come to BU could be really beneficial as they would have to sit out a year to transfer again, which should keep them for the most part.
                  In theory this is true but the NCAA has also made it MUCH easier to get a waiver exemption for a second transfer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by carter View Post
                    Too bad but transfer portal and NIL is going to kill college basketball, particularly for the mid majors programs .
                    I agree 100%. The NIL just allows "deep pocket support groups" to basically bribe kids to go to the schools they want to support. Paying high school kids hundreds of thousands of dollars before they even play a game is ridiculous.

Comment

Wonder what Krikke is waiting for at Valpo. I’d sure love a chance at him to replace Mast, but I haven’t seen anything about him yet. I’m sure he’d go higher anyway.

Comment

Belmont's C - Even Brauns to Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
                          Can anyone see/read this article by the PJ Star? I don't have access:
                          https://www.pjstar.com/restricted/?r...70019943007%2F
                          The link blocked me even though I have an electronic subscription. On their web site is a short article about Mast entering the portal. It's nothing that wasn't already on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerB View Post
                            Belmont's C - Even Brauns to Iowa

Comment

Any way to find out the % of 2nd transfer no penalty waivers being approved by NCAA?

Too early to tell?

I would be more accepting of transfer portal if 2nd transfer waivers were very, very rare.

If they're granted easily, it's example #27,649 of NCAA's corruption, hypocrisy & typical *used cattle feed*

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X