• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JMG95 View Post
    Krikke would be a great get!
    I Concur.
    DUBL R 1

Comment

• I hope I'm wrong, but I think getting Krikke is a pipe dream. He will be pursued by dozens of other schools, including many majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        I hope I'm wrong, but I think getting Krikke is a pipe dream. He will be pursued by dozens of other schools, including many majors.
        I'm sure he will....just depends what he wants out of his last year of college basketball.
        DUBL R 1

Comment

• Krikke is a very good player. I hope we don’t get him, I dislike intraconference transfers.
          Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• It is fun to have those pipe dreams tho....he would really make us a tough team to deal with in the valley
            DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
              Krikke is a very good player. I hope we don’t get him, I dislike intraconference transfers.
              I don't like any of these transfer rules, but as long as they are in place, why not utilize it if it makes us better.....you'd rather he go elsewhere?
              DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

(Scratching head) How?
                We may return everyone but Mast, who was great, but whose shoes could be filled. Henry and Ville are gone, but again, not huge losses as far as numbers go. I can't argue vs them being picked #2 though. They looked good when we played them in St. Louis, and Born is a little stud.

Burch seems like an instant impact and we could get a couple more guys to make a deeper bench and to fill Henry's shoes.
                I think losing 2 1,000 point scorers is pretty significant.

Comment

• On Leons, I would think another article/official announcement would come across as weird since he already did so. Even if he was reconsidering it probably looks bad to announce it again as though you were waffling on a commitment you made.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone else's name pop up yet for the portal, though I know these decisions happen at different times (like Roberts last year) throughout the offseason. Is the general feeling everyone left will stay, or do we still expect to hear more coming up? I can't imagine all three end of bench guys (Biliew, Linke, Pop) all staying. Linke seems like the get the major/degree type, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed for academics. I don't know enough about Biliew, but he seems like a team guy judging from his bench demeanor and he might have to go much lower to get a major upgrade in playing time. Pop is the type of player I would think would want to play somewhere with his previous numbers and role. I'm not comfortable with him as one of our two point guards next year. Hick is better when he gets to play off guard to me, because he already expends a lot of energy on defense, and not being the quickest guy (for a point guard) and having to handle the ball takes away a lot from his offensive game to me as he needs to put so much energy in to that. When he can spot up and come off screens to drive in he is at his best. Great as a combo guard in spurts, but I still prefer having two other point guards, if for nothing else, in case of injury to one of them we still have two ball handlers.

Krikke would be amazing, and I have already previously posted about what a great replacement he would be for Mast. Seems like a great person and great in the classroom too. He is probably in a similar position to Mast though, and might want similar things. I hope he doesn't aim too high, cause he could be a star here. At least as good as Mast this year, if not better in a 5th year. If he's looking to make an NCAA tournament, this wouldn't be the worst situation to come to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Malevy already said he was returning in this Feb. 10 article.-
                    https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...a/69881887007/

Don't expect to hear anything further.
                    Note that Bradley never made any official announcement about Rienk leaving or entering the portal, or Ville leaving to turn pro, or about Malevy staying when he made his announcement back in early February. They have not commented about any of the players' decisions to leave or return.
                    Thanks DC! I thought I read someone say that we should expect to hear good news soon, but never heard anything after - just others reacting to what they thought was Leons' decision to stay after some talk about him entering the portal. Maybe I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

Thanks DC! I thought I read someone say that we should expect to hear good news soon,
                      That was me, and my next post 16 minutes later was this one-
                      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...447#post509447

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I thought maybe the PJ Star would confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post
                        On Leons, I would think another article/official announcement would come across as weird since he already did so. Even if he was reconsidering it probably looks bad to announce it again as though you were waffling on a commitment you made.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone else's name pop up yet for the portal, though I know these decisions happen at different times (like Roberts last year) throughout the offseason. Is the general feeling everyone left will stay, or do we still expect to hear more coming up? I can't imagine all three end of bench guys (Biliew, Linke, Pop) all staying.

Krikke would be amazing, and I have already previously posted about what a great replacement he would be for Mast. Seems like a great person and great in the classroom too. He is probably in a similar position to Mast though, and might want similar things.
                        Good points here BUfan14!

I imagine that 2 of the 3 guys you mentioned will leave in the next month or so - just a hunch (no insight or anything here).

And yeah, I think Braves nation would be thrilled to have Krikke in red and white! Such a great skill set and great leader on some very bad teams.
                        We saw former Valpo player Donovan Clay transfer to a fellow MVC school, so maybe there's hope for Krikke to come to Peoria!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

I don't like any of these transfer rules, but as long as they are in place, why not utilize it if it makes us better.....you'd rather he go elsewhere?
                          I would rather he goes to a different conference. That’s just my druthers. I won’t be mad at him if he goes anywhere in the Valley, he doesn’t have to follow my principles. But if I were him I wouldn’t stay in conference. Just me tho
                          Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• Krikke would be a great addition at Bradley, I think Bradley has to wait until he announces he is going into the portal before they can legally contact him if they are interested. I have no problem taking another player from a Valley team since everyone else is doing this exact thing. To me it always comes down to being a good fit and he certainly would fit that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
                              Krikke would be a great addition at Bradley, I think Bradley has to wait until he announces he is going into the portal before they can legally contact him if they are interested. I have no problem taking another player from a Valley team since everyone else is doing this exact thing. To me it always comes down to being a good fit and he certainly would fit that category.
                              He has already entered the portal-

Comment

• Valparaiso will enter their 7th season in the MVC in 2023-24 with a new head coach, and without their top 4 scorers- Krikke (19.4 ppg- transferring), Kobe King (16.2 ppg- out of eligibility, Quinton Green (10.7 ppg- out of eligibility), and Nick Edwards (7.6 ppg- out of eligibility). Those 4 accounted for 54 points per game (nearly 80% of their offense). There will likely be other players who leave as well. So they will be in a total rebuild mode next season, and unless they name a new coach relatively soon and he can bring in some talent, they should be picked 12th in next year's preseason poll.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X