• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetz86 View Post
    I think Zek could be that guy.
    I agree 100% with this.

Comment

• Bradley desperately needs a minimum of two shooters. Guys that can catch and shoot with consistency. This year Bradley shot a woeful 66% as a team from the free throw line, almost 10 percentage points lower than their opponents. Their opponents shot 75% from the free throw line. As coach Stowell use to say, “if you can’t shoot free throws you can’t shoot with a hand in your face”.

Comment

• Dalton Banks of SIU into the portal. Interestingly Caleb Love of North Carolina into the portal. One of the bigger names in the portal. Now DJ Burns from Murray enters the portal.
        houstonbrave

Comment

• Lazar Stefanovic from Utah in portal. Maybe he would like to play alongside his fellow countryman here at BU.?
          DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
            Dalton Banks of SIU into the portal. Interestingly Caleb Love of North Carolina into the portal. One of the bigger names in the portal. Now DJ Burns from Murray enters the portal.
            Jace Carter- UIC
            Jalen Jackson- UIC
            Blaise Beauchamp- Evansville
            Jonathan Dunn- Missouri State
            Evan Brauns- Belmont
            Dawson Carper- Missouri State
            Kenny White, Jr.- Murray State

Cam Palesse - Valparaiso
            Frank Jacubicek- Belmont
            Michael Shanks- Belmont
            - transferring to Tennessee State
            Antoine Smith- Evansville
            Jonathan Mogbo- Missouri State
            Joe Petrakis- Illinois State
            E.J. Bellinger- Belmont - transferring to Tennessee State
            Okay Djamgouz- Drake
            Rienk Mast- Bradley
            Alston Andrews- Illinois State
            Bryceson Burns- Drake
            Trey Hall- Evansville
            Liam McChesney- Illinois State
            Issa Samake- Drake
            Ben Krikke- Valparaiso
            Cameron Crawford- Indiana State
            Zach Hobbs- Indiana State
            James "Pop" Weathers- Bradley
            Chris Moncrief- Evansville
            Preston Phillips- Evansville
            Zaveion Chism-- Evansville
            Gabe Spinelli- Evansville

Matúš Malovec- Evansville
            Dalton Banks- SIU
            D.J. Burns- Murray State
            Zek Montgomery- Bradley

Murray State's D.J. Burns lead them in rebounding and was their best inside player. Bradley's road loss at Murray State was mainly because of Burns, who had a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. They were not a very deep team, and Burns and Kenny White entering the portal are big losses for the Racers.

Dalton Banks helped them off the bench a bit, but he only averaged 3.9 ppg. That shouldn't be a big loss for them, except they also lost Jawaun Newton, who just finished his 5th year. They do not have any guards signed for 2023, so a lot depends on what seniors and top 3 scorers Marcus Domask, Lance Jones, and Xavier Johnson plan to do. If all 3 decide to return for a 5th year, they should be OK. But if any of them leave or transfer, they will have a tough time replacing their production.

With Dalton Banks of SIU entering the portal, there is only one MVC school that doesn't have at least one player in the portal- UNI.

Comment

• Is every team represented except UNI? How does he do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
                Is every team represented except UNI? How does he do it?
                He did lose a couple players to the portal last year, Antwan Kimmons went to a D2 (Concordia U., St. Paul), and Noah Carter transferred to Missouri. But over the last several seasons, UNI has consistently had fewer transfers than any MVC school.

Comment

• The list is really starting to pile up now. Would like to see some commits start happening to MVC schools soon.
                  Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Bradley has reportedly offered Kyle Thomas of Eastern Illinois, who entered the portal yesterday (3/27)-

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                      Bradley has reportedly offered Kyle Thomas of Eastern Illinois, who entered the portal yesterday (3/27)-
                      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...718#post509718
                      Not bad stats for a freshman big. Could be interesting, but probably a development player.
                      Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

I think Zek has the purest, smoothest stroke on the team. He could be our guy.
                        I would agree, I said he can be "ICE" in ball games. We have to remember that Zek and Hickman are only sophomores along with Davis. That's some pretty decent talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by basketball nut View Post

I would agree, I said he can be "ICE" in ball games. We have to remember that Zek and Hickman are only sophomores along with Davis. That's some pretty decent talent.
                          Zek ,Hickman and Davis all have potential and so does Deen, I still would like a bigger point guard, another athletic wing that is at least 6-6 or taller that can shoot and rebound. Last a 6-8 pf that also is athletic and physical . There are so many players in the portal now that if you are able to bring the right ones in Bradley could become a dominating team in the Valley.
                          I do think our next recruits need to be more athletic and more consistent shooters. I also expect more players to enter the portal after the NCAA Tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

Zek ,Hickman and Davis all have potential and so does Deen, I still would like a bigger point guard, another athletic wing that is at least 6-6 or taller that can shoot and rebound. Last a 6-8 pf that also is athletic and physical . There are so many players in the portal now that if you are able to bring the right ones in Bradley could become a dominating team in the Valley.
                            I do think our next recruits need to be more athletic and more consistent shooters. I also expect more players to enter the portal after the NCAA Tour.
                            I think your list of needs are spot on.

I really like the Oneil kid from American...at 6'9" he is mobile, athletic, can shoot, dribble and pass....plays the 3 or 4 in the valley, and would be tough to match up with being as tall as he is....similar to Malevy...we throw 2 of those guys out there and that's great size for our league.

We also need a physical big...I don't think he even needs to be the most skilled but we really need an enforcer, who can clear out the lane, rebound and finish above the rim. Several players in the portal fit this bill, but can we get that type to Bradley. Drake really hit a jackpot with Brodie, his type can really flourish in the valley.

Bigger Point guard is the 3rd need.....havn't looked at this in the portal much yet, but Landon Moore, a player we seem to have interest in would be a good option, plus he seems to have the ability to get his own shot when needed...something we have been missing.

Current Depth Chart: (my opinion)

PG: Deen, Hick
                            SG: Hick, Burch?, Zek, Davis,
                            SF: Zek, Davis, Malevy
                            PF: Malevy, Hannah, Iinke, Billiew
                            C: Jonovic, Hannah, Linke

Not sure we can count on Linke, Billiew based on playing time this year.
                            Clearly another point would allow Hick to play off the ball primarily.
                            Adding another Big wing would allow Malevy and or new wing to spell SF and PF positions.
                            Need another Center to allow Hannah to play the 4 or 5, and also to spell Jonovic and or start ahead of him based on his development
                            DUBL R 1

Comment

• Wow, lots of players from big schools entering the portal today. This is crazy
                              DUBL R 1

Comment

• Lol, this is so nuts I'd like to see a new reality show where they take a guy with no coaching experience, find a school that he can handpick his recruits and see how well he can do with these guys. Lol I bet I could get a power 5 team to the tourney at least...lol

I have a feeling this is basically what Pitino will do, I'm sure he has a shopping list at St Johns and the $$ to complete it. I don't think much of the coaches at these power schools anymore...if they lose to other power teams in the reg season it doesn't matter, and for the most part the smaller teams they choose to play they could have a hand towel coaching and would win the game 95% of the time.
                                DUBL R 1

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X