Zek may not be that guy at Bradley… I hope he follows Malevey’s path

Comment

• Originally posted by ️ Fanatic View Post

Zek may not be that guy at Bradley… I hope he follows Malevey’s path
      Doesn't matter now

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

I think your list of needs are spot on.

I really like the Oneil kid from American...at 6'9" he is mobile, athletic, can shoot, dribble and pass....plays the 3 or 4 in the valley, and would be tough to match up with being as tall as he is....similar to Malevy...we throw 2 of those guys out there and that's great size for our league.

We also need a physical big...I don't think he even needs to be the most skilled but we really need an enforcer, who can clear out the lane, rebound and finish above the rim. Several players in the portal fit this bill, but can we get that type to Bradley. Drake really hit a jackpot with Brodie, his type can really flourish in the valley.

Bigger Point guard is the 3rd need.....havn't looked at this in the portal much yet, but Landon Moore, a player we seem to have interest in would be a good option, plus he seems to have the ability to get his own shot when needed...something we have been missing.

Current Depth Chart: (my opinion)

PG: Deen, Hick
        SG: Hick, Burch?, Zek, Davis,
        SF: Zek, Davis, Malevy
        PF: Malevy, Hannah, Iinke, Billiew
        C: Jonovic, Hannah, Linke

Not sure we can count on Linke, Billiew based on playing time this year.
        Clearly another point would allow Hick to play off the ball primarily.
        Adding another Big wing would allow Malevy and or new wing to spell SF and PF positions.
        Need another Center to allow Hannah to play the 4 or 5, and also to spell Jonovic and or start ahead of him based on his development
        lol well forget everything I said. wow. why even try anymore. I don't get it...and I don't just mean Zek, all these guys...you mean to tell me all these guys are unhappy? Even big stars at big schools moving....itll lead to teaming up with friends, forming powerhouses, this is a joke.

DUBL R 1

Comment

• What bothers me is schools like Bradley have become a Juco for the big schools....show any talent above average and get plucked up for Big $$$$ and play on national TV...except it doesn't work out more often than naught.....but they still get the $$$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
            What bothers me is schools like Bradley have become a Juco for the big schools....show any talent above average and get plucked up for Big $$$$ and play on national TV...except it doesn't work out more often than naught.....but they still get the $$$$$
            Get the short term money but risk the development as a player and the long term money potentially as a pro. It's as if players have no idea that Bradley and other similar programs have had a lot of pro players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
              What bothers me is schools like Bradley have become a Juco for the big schools....show any talent above average and get plucked up for Big $$$$ and play on national TV...except it doesn't work out more often than naught.....but they still get the $$$$$
              of course....I mean you are a fool if you didn't see this coming 2 years ago when they allowed this. It will only get worse...the next thing will be guys joining teams that are specific players away from winning...I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet...Say if everybody would have stayed at BU, and other top players in the conference thought "well If we join them we will be unstoppable"....who knows? Im not sure what these kids want..some instances point towards $$, some playing time, some make no sense.
              DUBL R 1

Comment

• I am sure there are kids in the portal who know they won't get nearly as much playing time, and may not even start or be a part of the regular rotation. But the NIL money seems to more than make up for that.
                I hope it works out for Zek and Rienk, but there are already examples of kids who signed with a school only to find out the NIL money they were told they'd get was exaggerated, and not really available for them.

Comment

• So the thought is this new system benefits Power 5 schools most. Could the day come where teams who routinely finish in the bottom half of those leagues demand tightening this back up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                    I am sure there are kids in the portal who know they won't get nearly as much playing time, and may not even start or be a part of the regular rotation. But the NIL money seems to more than make up for that.
                    I hope it works out for Zek and Rienk, but there are already examples of kids who signed with a school only to find out the NIL money they were told they'd get was exaggerated, and not really available for them.
                    Thing is NIL money was not suppose to be tied into recruiting players. From what I understood it was suppose to only be given to athletes once they were actually attending and playing for said school. This NIL and portal thing is just allowing for more cheating in recruiting players .There is no way the smaller schools will be able to survive if this lasts a few more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton BU fan View Post
                      So the thought is this new system benefits Power 5 schools most. Could the day come where teams who routinely finish in the bottom half of those leagues demand tightening this back up?
                      It benefits the ones that have the most money. Power 5 schools that have great football teams that draw 80,000 plus fans will always be able to pay more period.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

It benefits the ones that have the most money. Power 5 schools that have great football teams that draw 80,000 plus fans will always be able to pay more period.
                        Yes but what about the ones that don't? That's my question.

Comment

• When they first started talking about paying players, I was envisioning a system where they signed contracts and were paid directly by the university they played for. This NIL crap where outside sources are paying these kids with no guarantees and no contracts signed is ridiculous and is going to ruin the game.

Like I said on the other thread, if average players with potential like Zek are enticed by entering the portal, we'll be rooting for a brand new team every year, and I don't think anyone wants that.
                          Larry Bird
                          I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton BU fan View Post

Yes but what about the ones that don't? That's my question.
                            Bradley is good in the NIL game.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

Thing is NIL money was not suppose to be tied into recruiting players. From what I understood it was suppose to only be given to athletes once they were actually attending and playing for said school. This NIL and portal thing is just allowing for more cheating in recruiting players .There is no way the smaller schools will be able to survive if this lasts a few more years.
                              Everything you said is dead on. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X