Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume that if Bradley is interested then they have already contacted him. He would be a huge plus for our team. Still waiting to hear of any BU players leaving to go into the portal.

Comment

• Another MVC player in the portal- Indiana State's Cameron Crawford. He is a 6'5" sophomore guard from Alabama who played in 22 games as a freshman in 2021-22 and started 5 games. He averaged 3 ppg and was a 42.9% shooter from three in 2021-22. But he sat out this season (2022-23) and did not play. He would have 3 years of eligibility left assuming he gets a redshirt for this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        Valparaiso will enter their 7th season in the MVC in 2023-24 with a new head coach, and without their top 4 scorers- Krikke (19.4 ppg- transferring), Kobe King (16.2 ppg- out of eligibility, Quinton Green (10.7 ppg- out of eligibility), and Nick Edwards (7.6 ppg- out of eligibility). Those 4 accounted for 54 points per game (nearly 80% of their offense). There will likely be other players who leave as well. So they will be in a total rebuild mode next season, and unless they name a new coach relatively soon and he can bring in some talent, they should be picked 12th in next year's preseason poll.
        I don't think Bradley ever saw the best of Kobe King.....he seemed to struggle against us...Idk the numbers but it just seemed like we really kept him in check. Krikke on the other hand......
        DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

I don't like any of these transfer rules, but as long as they are in place, why not utilize it if it makes us better.....you'd rather he go elsewhere?
          NOPE!

Comment

That was me, and my next post 16 minutes later was this one-
            https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...447#post509447

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I thought maybe the PJ Star would confirm.
            No sweat - good enough for me, DC!

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
              Krikke would be a great addition at Bradley, I think Bradley has to wait until he announces he is going into the portal before they can legally contact him if they are interested. I have no problem taking another player from a Valley team since everyone else is doing this exact thing. To me it always comes down to being a good fit and he certainly would fit that category.
              Right, and I really don't hate any other MVC team to make me NOT want a solid player (and good character kid) from another MVC school, tho I think most on here would have a very bad taste if we got any former ISU-red players!

Comment

Another MVC player in the portal- Indiana State's Cameron Crawford. He is a 6'5" sophomore guard from Alabama who played in 22 games as a freshman in 2021-22 and started 5 games. He averaged 3 ppg and was a 42.9% shooter from three in 2021-22. But he sat out this season (2022-23) and did not play. He would have 3 years of eligibility left assuming he gets a redshirt for this season.
                https://verbalcommits.com/players/cameron-crawford
                Another Indiana State player- Zach Hobbs- he is a 6'5" 4th year guard who transferred to Indiana State in 2012 after playing 2 seasons at Montana State. He's been at Indiana State now for 2 seasons. He played quite a bit last season (2021-22), averaging 21 minutes per game, and he started 10 games. Last year he averaged 6.3 ppg and shot 37% from three. In the game against Bradley in Terre Haute on Jan. 2, 2021, he played all 40 minutes and had 14 points and 9 rebounds to beat Bradley 67-52. This season in the one game they played against Bradley, he played only 1 minute and was scoreless. For some reason, he fell out of Josh Schertz's favor this season, and averaged only 9 minutes per game off the bench, and just 2.5 ppg. He struck me in the Indiana State games I've watched, as a pretty solid spot-up shooter. He has one season of eligibility left.

Bio- https://gosycamores.com/sports/mens-...ach-hobbs/7029
                Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...470/zach-hobbs

MVC players in the transfer portal so far-
                Jace Carter- UIC
                Jalen Jackson- UIC
                Blaise Beauchamp- Evansville
                Jonathan Dunn- Missouri State
                Evan Brauns- Belmont
                Dawson Carper- Missouri State
                Kenny White, Jr.- Murray State

Cam Palesse - Valparaiso
                Frank Jacubicek- Belmont
                Michael Shanks- Belmont
                - transferring to Tennessee State
                Antoine Smith- Evansville
                Jonathan Mogbo- Missouri State
                Joe Petrakis- Illinois State
                E.J. Bellinger- Belmont - transferring to Tennessee State
                Okay Djamgouz- Drake
                Rienk Mast- Bradley
                Alston Andrews- Illinois State
                Bryceson Burns- Drake
                Trey Hall- Evansville
                Liam McChesney- Illinois State
                Issa Samake- Drake
                Ben Krikke- Valparaiso
                Cameron Crawford- Indiana State
                Zach Hobbs- Indiana State
                James "Pop" Weathers- Bradley
                Chris Moncrief- Evansville
                Preston Phillips- Evansville
                Zaveion Chism-- Evansville
                Gabe Spinelli- Evansville

Matúš Malovec- Evansville
                Total number- 30

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

Right, and I really don't hate any other MVC team to make me NOT want a solid player (and good character kid) from another MVC school, tho I think most on here would have a very bad taste if we got any former ISU-red players!
                  All is forgiven once they dawn the BU emblem, baby!
                  Larry Bird
                  I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• James "Pop" Weathers becomes the second Bradley player to place his name in the portal.
                    Good luck Pop!

5 more Evansville players enter the portal-
                    Chris Moncrief
                    Preston Phillips
                    Zaveion Chism-Okoh
                    Gabe Spinelli
                    Matúš Malovec

Comment

James "Pop" Weathers becomes the second Bradley player to place his name in the portal.
                      Good luck Pop!

5 more Evansville players enter the portal-
                      Chris Moncrief
                      Preston Phillips
                      Zaveion Chism-Okoh
                      Gabe Spinelli
                      Matúš Malovec
                      Probably the most expected one. He was going to get recruited over. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Wish Pop the best! However, we need to fill that spot and the other spots with impact players to stay at the top of the league.

Comment

Another Belmont player enters the transfer portal, their 4th one-
                          E.J. Bellinger- 6'4" senior guard who has been a reserve at Belmont and never started a game in his 4-year career. This season, he averaged playing 7.2 minutes, and averaged 3.8 ppg. He was a 40.5% three point shooter. He will be a grad-transfer with one more season of eligibility.
                          Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...1/ej-bellinger
                          Bio- https://belmontbruins.com/sports/men...bellinger/3290
                          Former Belmont player E.J. Bellinger is transferring to Tennessee State-

Comment

• Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago. They made a point of stating of the Sweet 16 teams a common characteristic of the teams is they has veteran players vs teams with new transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
                              Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago. They made a point of stating of the Sweet 16 teams a common characteristic of the teams is they has veteran players vs teams with new transfers.
                              Makes sense. Look at Illinois this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton BU fan View Post

Makes sense. Look at Illinois this year.
                                Yeah I'd imagine as a rule a team full of transfers probably won't have the same success as a team that has been together for years. However Kansas St. was full of transfers, I think all starting 5, and they made the E8. That is probably the exception though.
                                Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X