Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s not based on the few minutes he has played.

Comment

• Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
      It’s not based on the few minutes he has played.
      lb is referring to Ahmet

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside View Post
        So are we probably looking at:

G Hickman
        G Deen
        G Montgomery
        F Leons
        C Hannah
        From what I have seen Hannah has the athleticism to be a big 4 who drives at this level. If he can make improvements in his ball handling and mid range shot he can be a handful.

Comment

• So, anything official about Malevy staying at BU?
          Want to share with some people, but don’t want to jump the gun!

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

Now Da Coach if I understand this transfer stuff Thomas, since he has already transferred once, does he have to sit out a year?
            The NCAA just sent out this memo to all D1 schools. They have tightened their waiver process a little.

As before, players who have not previously transferred can transfer and be immediately eligible if they fulfill a couple basic requirements listed here-
            http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...e_Transfer.pdf

But, this page outlines that the latest waiver process for players who have previously transferred just got a little stricter. It looks like a coaching change will no longer be considered as a reason for a waiver, although reason #1 is vague enough to be stretched to include a lot of things.
            http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...r/DI_UG4YW.pdf

Comment

• IMO, as soon as you throw in the words “mental health”, that opens up a lot of potential scenarios and gray area.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

My needs are as follows:
                1. Taller point guard to compete with Deen (hopefully that can shoot too in an ideal world)
                2. Sharpshooter
                3. Athletic Big (that Selebangue sound like the type of player I mean from his reports last year and this year).

We have two openings now, and I have to believe at least one more will come open.
                If we get a (taller, starting) point guard we can move Hickman back to being a shooting/scoring guard more. Hick did a great job as "the other point guard" having not played that position for a couple years... Plus if he can heal his ankle/ribs/body he will have a much better scoring year.

Comment

• Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
                  It’s not based on the few minutes he has played.
                  What are u basing it on IB? What u have heard?.. seen? And what do u mean by surprise ppl? In ur opinion what kinda minutes and #’s would you project for him next year?

to be honest I was a bit surprised this year, with the build up he had before he arrived I honestly expected more from him this year. I think part of that was we didn’t get him many opportunities both with playing time, and honestly I thought we could have gotten him the ball a lot more when he did play. I know he had a ton to overcome in a very short period, plus we were playing well and u hate to rock the boat by bringing him in to play more.

i Think his back to the basket game looks good, seems to have good hands and runs the floor well.
                  He really struggled defensively hedging and recovering on pick and roll, as well as defending the his man when his man faced up and drove the ball.
                  Jury still out on his physicality, shooting, and passing ability.
                  DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BradleyBiz View Post
                    IMO, as soon as you throw in the words “mental health”, that opens up a lot of potential scenarios and gray area.
                    You got that right. This basically is the way to get around the rule whenever you want.
                    Larry Bird
                    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

The NCAA just sent out this memo to all D1 schools. They have tightened their waiver process a little.

As before, players who have not previously transferred can transfer and be immediately eligible if they fulfill a couple basic requirements listed here-
                      http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...e_Transfer.pdf

But, this page outlines that the latest waiver process for players who have previously transferred just got a little stricter. It looks like a coaching change will no longer be considered as a reason for a waiver, although reason #1 is vague enough to be stretched to include a lot of things.
                      http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...r/DI_UG4YW.pdf

I am glad they are starting to tighten up a little bit

Comment

• Still no official word from Malevy...smh

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
                          Still no official word from Malevy...smh
                          Malevy already said he was returning in this Feb. 10 article.-
                          https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...a/69881887007/

Bradley basketball star's future includes a shoe line, the pro game and a return to Peoria
                          "I'm staying," Leons said. "I will be here at Bradley next season using my fifth year. It's important for me to finish and get that extra season. I want to play professional basketball. I think my development as a player at Bradley is helping me toward that dream. I'm learning to play basketball."

Don't expect to hear anything further.
                          Note that Bradley never made any official announcement about Rienk leaving or entering the portal, or Ville leaving to turn pro, or about Malevy staying when he made his announcement back in early February. They have not commented about any of the players' decisions to leave or return.

Also, this morning, Valparaiso's Ben Krikke added his name to the portal-

MVC players in the transfer portal so far-
                          Jace Carter- UIC
                          Jalen Jackson- UIC
                          Blaise Beauchamp- Evansville
                          Jonathan Dunn- Missouri State
                          Evan Brauns- Belmont
                          Dawson Carper- Missouri State
                          Kenny White, Jr.- Murray State

Cam Palesse - Valparaiso
                          Frank Jacubicek- Belmont
                          Michael Shanks- Belmont

Antoine Smith- Evansville
                          Jonathan Mogbo- Missouri State
                          Joe Petrakis- Illinois State
                          E.J. Bellinger- Drake
                          Okay Djamgouz- Drake
                          Rienk Mast- Bradley
                          Alston Andrews- Illinois State
                          Bryceson Burns- Drake
                          Trey Hall- Evansville
                          Liam McChesney- Illinois State
                          Issa Samake- Drake
                          Ben Krikke- Valparaiso
                          Cameron Crawford- Indiana State
                          Zach Hobbs- Indiana State

Comment

• Go get Krikke……
                            houstonbrave

Comment

• Krikke would be a great get!

Comment

• I have a feeling BW has already been on the line with Krikke. That would be awesome.
                                Larry Bird
                                I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X