Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they go low, we go high. Go BU. #Class

Comment

• It might have been a "story" then but both sides have moved on and as far as I can see the Journal and men's team are back to a normal relationship. As Capt' Kirk used to say "A Jerk just being a Jerk".

Comment

• I wanted to start an entirely "New Bradley Fans Topic" titled " What the %$@^# is wrong with Jim O'Donnell " - In writing such a sick article about a incident that occurred over a year ago on the day when the 2020 MVC Tournament begins. But if I did then such a article would get more attention than it deserves. The Daily Harold must have dropping sales - circulation issues and Jim O'Donnell is trying a Kirk Wessler tactic. Jim it was a great day when the PJS got rid of Kirk Wessler and it will be another great day when the Daily Harold gets rid of you.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/2...oachs-bullying

Comment

• When a guy named Harold has his own newspaper, this is what you get.
          Larry Bird
          I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• It is any surprise that newspapers are no longer trusted by most Americans, and no business in the country is failing faster.
            Jim O'Donnell is a poor excuse for a sportswriter. He slams Coach Wardle, calling him childish names, dragging up something from a year ago that he insists Wardle should have been fired for. Apparently, he believes sportswriters are some kind of untouchable elites that we all should worship, and that any coach who offends a member of his prestigious profession should be fired, prevented from ever coaching again, and banished to Siberia or something.
            A year after the incident happened, this moron drags it up again and takes shamefully uninformed and unjustified shots at Bradley, Coach Wardle, esteemed Bradley President Gary Roberts, and all Bradley fans and alumni with comments like these-

The Braves got a rare bid to the NCAA men's basketball tournament and then had their head coach turn the modest central Illinois school into a national embarrassment.
            That was when Brian "Baby Man" Wardle had veteran Peoria Journal-Star writer Dave Reynolds -- one of the most respected college basketball beat men in the land -- bounced from a media session for purportedly not helping to promote the Bradley "brand."
            After a quick and righteous national wave of indignation over Wardle's vapid bullying, Reynolds was given back access to the team and far too graciously accepted apologies from the doltish Wardle and bluff-orbiting university President Gary Roberts.
            At most colleges with appropriate standards of institutional integrity, Wardle would have been ashcanned quicker than a trailer for Harrison Ford's "The Call of the Wild."
            Instead, he lingers as Bradley begins Missouri Valley Conference tournament play in St. Louis this weekend.
            Most coherent alumni don't know whether to cringe or cheer -- for his removal.

Did I miss something? I do not recall one single Bradley alumnus (even Kirk Wessler ), Bradley fan, or anyone associated in any way with Bradley ever suggesting Coach Wardle should be fired for that incident. In fact, pretty much the only people who got their undies in a bunch were a handful of journalists who obviously believe the people they write about should bow down and worship them..
            And, no Jim, we alumni are only cheering for the failure of a low IQ, Jay Mariotti wannabes like you.

You really have to wonder why some obscure failed sportswriter (he was fired by the Chicago Sun Times before landing at the Herald) who writes for a failing 3rd rate newspaper (Daily Herald of Arlington Heights) and probably doesn't know the first thing about Bradley, would generate such hostility and say something as absurd and insulting as this-
            Asked this week to explain his thinking in the retention of Wardle, Roberts stayed hidden behind Bradley's media relations apparatus.
            He and his cohorts on Peoria's West Bluff apparently thinks Basketball America forgets.
            It doesn't.
            And if there is a shred of karma hovering over the Gateway Arch on Friday, it will be one-and-done and then done-and-gone for "The Baby Man" of Bradley University.

Do people like Jim O'Donnell actually still think anyone reads their BS or cares about their opinions?
            I wouldn't wipe my ass with this guy's ranting articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
              It is any surprise that newspapers are no longer trusted by most Americans, and no business in the country is failing faster.
              Jim O'Donnell is a poor excuse for a sportswriter. He slams Coach Wardle, calling him childish names, dragging up something from a year ago that he insists Wardle should have been fired for. Apparently, he believes sportswriters are some kind of untouchable elites that we all should worship, and that any coach who offends a member of his prestigious profession should be fired, prevented from ever coaching again, and banished to Siberia or something.
              A year after the incident happened, this moron drags it up again and takes shamefully uninformed and unjustified shots at Bradley, Coach Wardle, esteemed Bradley President Gary Roberts, and all Bradley fans and alumni with comments like these-

The Braves got a rare bid to the NCAA men's basketball tournament and then had their head coach turn the modest central Illinois school into a national embarrassment.
              That was when Brian "Baby Man" Wardle had veteran Peoria Journal-Star writer Dave Reynolds -- one of the most respected college basketball beat men in the land -- bounced from a media session for purportedly not helping to promote the Bradley "brand."
              After a quick and righteous national wave of indignation over Wardle's vapid bullying, Reynolds was given back access to the team and far too graciously accepted apologies from the doltish Wardle and bluff-orbiting university President Gary Roberts.
              At most colleges with appropriate standards of institutional integrity, Wardle would have been ashcanned quicker than a trailer for Harrison Ford's "The Call of the Wild."
              Instead, he lingers as Bradley begins Missouri Valley Conference tournament play in St. Louis this weekend.
              Most coherent alumni don't know whether to cringe or cheer -- for his removal.

Did I miss something? I do not recall one single Bradley alumnus (even Kirk Wessler ), Bradley fan, or anyone associated in any way with Bradley ever suggesting Coach Wardle should be fired for that incident. In fact, pretty much the only people who got their undies in a bunch were a handful of journalists who obviously believe the people they write about should bow down and worship them..
              And, no Jim, we alumni are only cheering for the failure of a low IQ, Jay Mariotti wannabes like you.

You really have to wonder why some obscure failed sportswriter (he was fired by the Chicago Sun Times before landing at the Herald) who writes for a failing 3rd rate newspaper (Daily Herald of Arlington Heights) and probably doesn't know the first thing about Bradley, would generate such hostility and say something as absurd and insulting as this-
              Asked this week to explain his thinking in the retention of Wardle, Roberts stayed hidden behind Bradley's media relations apparatus.
              He and his cohorts on Peoria's West Bluff apparently thinks Basketball America forgets.
              It doesn't.
              And if there is a shred of karma hovering over the Gateway Arch on Friday, it will be one-and-done and then done-and-gone for "The Baby Man" of Bradley University.

Do people like Jim O'Donnell actually still think anyone reads their BS or cares about their opinions?
              I wouldn't wipe my ass with this guy's ranting articles.

Originally posted by Go_Braves View Post
              I wanted to start an entirely "New Bradley Fans Topic" titled " What the %$@^# is wrong with Jim O'Donnell " - In writing such a sick article about a incident that occurred over a year ago on the day when the 2020 MVC Tournament begins. But if I did then such a article would get more attention than it deserves. The Daily Harold must have dropping sales - circulation issues and Jim O'Donnell is trying a Kirk Wessler tactic. Jim it was a great day when the PJS got rid of Kirk Wessler and it will be another great day when the Daily Harold gets rid of you.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/2...oachs-bullying
              A-MEN DA COACH...... You broaden exactly what I was thinking and wanted to share (also using a few 4 letter words). For O'Donnel to publish this on the first day of the 2020 Missouri Valley Basketball Tournament - throwing Coach Wardle under the bus for a year old incident. Simply sick.

Comment

• Coach, I’m sitting here ready for the Valpo-Evansville and I read your post and was cracking up all the way through it. Man, when you get fired up, you are journalistic gold! That was hilarious!
                Larry Bird
                I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                  Coach, I’m sitting here ready for the Valpo-Evansville and I read your post and was cracking up all the way through it. Man, when you get fired up, you are journalistic gold! That was hilarious!
                  Thank you! There are a few things I get passionate about. Obviously Bradley basketball, but I am also tired of and have little use for know-nothing journalists who have probably never played or coached a game in their lives acting like demigods and passing judgement on good people and trying to get coaches fired.
                  There are few more things I'd like to add, but suffice to say that Coach Wardle, President Roberts, and "his cohorts on Peoria's West Bluff " have more dignity and respectability in what they flush down the toilet every day than lowlifes like Jim O'Donnell will ever have.

Enjoy the 2nd game. I'll see you tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by so-called sportswriter JIm O'Donnell of the Arlington Daily Herald
                    ...And if there is a shred of karma hovering over the Gateway Arch on Friday, it will be one-and-done and then done-and-gone for "The **** Man" of Bradley University.
                    Looks like all the karma was positive for Bradley and for Coach Wardle, and not so good for Jim O'Donnell....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X