PJStar-BU squabble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
    ....it is now obvious that the PJ Star is trying harder than ever to ignore Bradley and avoid reporting anything ....
    ... Stop waiting for the PJ Star to show interest.....

which is even more telling than ever imagined....

in the 4-year interval from 2011-15, Bradley, Mike Cross, Joanne & Geno benefited from MASSIVE & UNMERITED freebie positive news coverage....
    .....the PJStar with Kirk & DR literally turned into Joanne's lapdogs & waterboys....literally going overboard to daily push glowing, drooling, over-the-top and ridiculously inaccurate and untrue hype to try to boost "the Bradley brand" and help out Joanne & Geno..

AND YET......despite the literally millions of dollars worth of FREE hype and promotion the PJS did for Joanne - they still ran the attendance into the ground!
    More than HALF the regular fansbase, the attendance, the season ticket base....dried up overnight!!!
    The fans were smarter than Kirk & Dave gave them credit for and we all knew the people running the program sucked,
    even tho the PJS shills were telling us they were doing great - LIGHT YEARS BETTER!!

Now, despite the current horrible coverage and the NEGATIVE slant they put on everything- BU is still rebounding strongly and beginning to fill the seats more regularly...
    Anyone who was in DesMoines knows that of the eight teams playing in DesMoines, the BU contingent of fans was larger and BETTER than all the rest- except maybe the Minnesota folks who were there in roughly equal numbers.Ya gotta wonder how huge the crowds would be if we weren't getting such horrible, demeaning and negative coverage...but don't expect anything to change unless Gatehouse sells to someone else and they send in some real journalists instead of these guys who always seem to be going to awards ceremonies where they all vote to give each other lifetime awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
      Indiana State just announced this summer event - sounds like a lot of fun for Sycamore fans
      ...they're even offering discounted SEASON and game ticket prices just for those who attend

Evansville just announced five summer events for fans

https://gopurpleaces.com/news/2019/6...ive-stops.aspx

Comment

• Honestly, what I see here is an opportunity to embrace the future. Instead of career professional “journalists” and their product, we can replace them with fan-driven podcasting, blogs, and articles. We already have a kick-butt forum here at bradleyfans that has broken many stories and filled the void left by the wonks at the PJS.
        Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

• The Journal Star does not cover much news even locally. The trial of the murder of the University of Illinois student from China has received very little press coverage from the Journal Star. The Chicago Tribune has covered this trial with daily reporting. It is so sad to see this local paper waste away.

Comment

• I would like to see the Bradley's student paper have more coverage on the team. I believe I have seen it referred to as Scout.

Comment

• again, don't want to beat a dead horse, but almost every other Valley team has beat writers actively keeping up
              on what their team is doing this summer - we have yet to get anything more than a mention that Kingsby's
              waiver was granted - something we knew about already...

Comment

• the PJS just printed a story about ISU basketball - obviously they have nothing on Bradley....
                but it is NOT anything new anyway - it is simply a full & complete reprint of a column about ISU that appeared a full week earlier in the Pantagraph by the ISU beat writer

Comment

• OSHA fines Journal Star $35,802

by Clare Howard • June 26, 2019 • 0 Comments

Employees were complaining for years about safety issues in the press and mail rooms at the Peoria Journal Star, yet their concerns went largely unheeded. Until six months ago. In an instant, the work zone looked like a war zone.

One employee said that judging from the amount of blood, he was sure someone was dead.

GateHouse Media, a Wall Street hedge fund, has owned the newspaper since 2007. Under GateHouse ownership, the newsroom has shrunk. The building went from being meticulously maintained to looking virtually abandoned and derelict. Operating conditions inside the building are stressful.

Several people verified empty vodka bottles were routinely seen tossed under bushes outside the rear pressroom door.

Since the accident on Dec. 21 last year, empty liquor bottles still get tossed under the bushes, but there are fewer of them, one person said.

Dec. 21 was busy, right in the midst of holiday advertising. According to the police report, a fork life operated by Walter Kelly hit and pinned Larry Helle against a machine. Other workers rushed to Helle’s aid and one used his belt to make a tourniquet to stem the blood loss.

Helle, 60, was transported to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center where he immediately went into surgery. Attempts to save his leg failed and the leg ultimately had to be amputated.

After weeks at OSF followed by weeks at Kindred Care Extended Stay Hospital, Helle was released to a nursing home. A family member said he has suffered a series of seizures and possible strokes.

He is being represented by Goldfine and Bowles in a workman’s compensation case against GateHouse.

“My client is a heck of a nice guy and has had a pretty rough road since the Friday before Christmas,” said his attorney with Goldfine and Bowles.

The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigated the case for several months, closing its investigation on May 21 and issuing a total of $35,802 in fines for three violations the agency labeled as serious.

The Journal Star newsroom was ordered not to report on the accident. A call to GateHouse Media seeking comment was not returned.

According to the original police report, the driver of the forklift fled the scene. An officer at the information desk, said no supplemental police reports have been filed in the case.

http://thecommunityword.com/online/b...al-star-35802/

Missed this in the PJStar!
                  BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                  -2 NCAA Title Games
                  -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                  -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                  -4 NIT Championships

Comment

• holy cow - that sounds like the entire place is chaos and being run by complete idiots....

Comment

• I am reviving this old thread after reading the Peoria Urinal Star today. I canceled my subscription several months ago but did buy the paper today to read about the Bradley game last night. I may stop buying the paper altogether. Bradley articles ( the hometown school ) used to be on the front page. Where was it today? A small article on the second page. Really!!!!!!!!!! The clowns at the Urinal Star can crow all they want that Bradley is the culprit in bias toward the school not them. Well proof is in the pudding. It was the Urinal Star who printed the article on the second page not Bradley. I have campaigned to everyone I know to cancel their subscription to this second rate outfit and will continue to do so

Comment

• Yeah, I cancelled years ago, so I really don't care any more. But I keep hearing from others how bad their coverage has gotten.
                        Here is today's PJ Star online sports page (these front pages are available with subscription)-
                        Sports coverage for Peoria, IL, including high school, college and professional, from Peoria Journal Star.

Below is a screen shot of the first 2 pages of the online sports section of today's PJ Star. Why is there not a single article about the Bradley game? You have to scroll forever to get down to the Bradleyhoops section to find it.
                        The coverage is shameful and embarrassing. And I don't buy the excuses that a PJ Star reporter made here a few months ago about personnel and deadlines. Read it here, and read the followup posts by me and others-
                        https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...149#post488149

pjs-sports

Comment

• No excuses. Just facts.

There's seven reporters - three full-time and four part-time - and the local sports print deadlines are 9 p.m.

As for the placement of the Bradley story on the website or even having the story posted to the website, I know nothing about that.

And please feel free to ask anything about the what's going on at 1 News Plaza. I have nothing to hide and will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

• Daily Harold just put out an article by Jim O'Donnell attacking Brian Wardle over this incident last year. I will not post the article because it doesn't deserve the reads. Looks like he's trying to make the news rather than report it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMart View Post
                              Daily Harold just put out an article by Jim O'Donnell attacking Brian Wardle over this incident last year. I will not post the article because it doesn't deserve the reads. Looks like he's trying to make the news rather than report it.
                              I would implore everyone not to waste their time on this article. Bradley took the high road, and the media continues to do what they do: Focus on negativity and drudge up old issues to make money. Don't let it work.
                              Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X