Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

So we need another PG (My guess is that Pop will not be on Bradley's roster next season with all the bench time he got), and then Burch should get minutes right off the bat. Definitely need to get another BIG to go with Hannah and Jokovic, as Leons is not really a post-up player.
    How about a shooter?

Comment

• How much is that college tuition worth.
      I really have no idea what BU costs anymore but have been told $40-50 thousand. Not bad wages if you really think about it.
      On the other hand these athletes do need a way to make or get extra money to spend.
      When they don't have enough money to get home for holidays then something needs to be done.
      The biggest thing about the NIL is how can mid majors or even smaller schools compete with the big football schools who generate millions in revenue. That makes it easier for those schools to offer players huge deals. Heard C J Stroud was being offered close to 7 figures to stay one more year at Ohio State as just one example.

They do need to come up with a better all around plan but I don't have the answer.

Comment

• I have no idea how serious we are about him or him about us but the kid from American is intriguing to me. Looks like he may be really versatile, can dribble and shoot well and st 6’9” I really like his potential
        DUBL R 1

Comment

• Jonovic is going to surprise a lot of people!

Comment

• Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
            Jonovic is going to surprise a lot of people!
            Totally agree....if Jonovic isn't the starting center I'll be surprised....just a lot of untapped potential there...

Comment

I agree, he seems to move well and has a decent shot. I think if he puts the work in this summer he can be a good player. I see him and Hannah splitting some of the minutes at center and Hannah getting some at pf. We just need another good wing player to go with another pg. We have 2 open scholarships not and possibly more if someone else decides to leave. I do think Davis could fit in somewhere.

Comment

I am thinking he is more along the lines of Ari Boya: And has a lot of work this summer+ - I hope I am wrong. Jonivic will struggle with fouls & rebounding... We need someone to box out & grab rebounds

Comment

• SIU and InSu look like winners in the portal attrition war.

Comment

• Originally posted by ️ Fanatic View Post

I am thinking he is more along the lines of Ari Boya: And has a lot of work this summer+ - I hope I am wrong. Jonivic will struggle with fouls & rebounding... We need someone to box out & grab rebounds
                    This is where I am as well. Maybe he will prove us wrong.

On a related note, did anyone watch Marquette play this season? I could see Malevy playing center similar to Oso Ighodaro. He was very athletic, could handle the ball a little bit, and was a good passer. Now if we could just find a forward similar to Prosper we could really spread teams out.

Comment

• He will prove you wrong and he is no Ari Boya. Not putting Ari down but it’s not close.

Comment

He will prove you wrong and he is no Ari Boya. Not putting Ari down but it’s not close.
                        Is this based on the few minutes we saw him this year or something else? I think he showed some potential skills , but also some potential flaws in the limited time he played this year, so I'm not sure I can draw a sure shot conclusion on him. He didn't play much on a team that could have used a big post player at times, so I'm not sure what that says when it was expected he would play right away. Of course, I get he was adjusting to a lot quickly and a summer of development should help. I'm surprised how many people are sure he will be great. They must know more than what I saw in limited action.

Yes to the shooter question. Even if Davis takes the Ville role (which I believe he could), I still think we need another sharpshooter. Also, I really hope we bring in a point guard to compete with Deen for the starter's role. Deen is fine, and would be a nice 6th man/spark plug off bench, but he has many limitations.

I think PG/Hick/Zek/Leons/Jonovic is a fine starting lineup with Deen/Burch/Shooter/Davis/Hannah a strong second unit. Maybe add an athletic big in there in some way.

My needs are as follows:
                        1. Taller point guard to compete with Deen (hopefully that can shoot too in an ideal world)
                        2. Sharpshooter
                        3. Athletic Big (that Selebangue sound like the type of player I mean from his reports last year and this year).

We have two openings now, and I have to believe at least one more will come open.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

Is this based on the few minutes we saw him this year or something else? I think he showed some potential skills , but also some potential flaws in the limited time he played this year, so I'm not sure I can draw a sure shot conclusion on him. He didn't play much on a team that could have used a big post player at times, so I'm not sure what that says when it was expected he would play right away. Of course, I get he was adjusting to a lot quickly and a summer of development should help. I'm surprised how many people are sure he will be great. They must know more than what I saw in limited action.

Yes to the shooter question. Even if Davis takes the Ville role (which I believe he could), I still think we need another sharpshooter. Also, I really hope we bring in a point guard to compete with Deen for the starter's role. Deen is fine, and would be a nice 6th man/spark plug off bench, but he has many limitations.

I think PG/Hick/Zek/Leons/Jonovic is a fine starting lineup with Deen/Burch/Shooter/Davis/Hannah a strong second unit. Maybe add an athletic big in there in some way.

My needs are as follows:
                          1. Taller point guard to compete with Deen (hopefully that can shoot too in an ideal world)
                          2. Sharpshooter
                          3. Athletic Big (that Selebangue sound like the type of player I mean from his reports last year and this year).

We have two openings now, and I have to believe at least one more will come open.
                          Good points, BUF14. I agree about the athletic big, preferably a center to back up Jonovic. I'm not a big fan of Hannah or Leons playing the 5. I think Deen and Hickman can handle the point just fine, but wouldn't complain if we got another one. Yesufu would be a nice addition!
                          Larry Bird
                          I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy View Post

Good points, BUF14. I agree about the athletic big, preferably a center to back up Jonovic. I'm not a big fan of Hannah or Leons playing the 5. I think Deen and Hickman can handle the point just fine, but wouldn't complain if we got another one. Yesufu would be a nice addition!
                            I was just thinking it would be nice to get him back in the valley as a brave this time, but having won a championship last year, despite lots of bench time, I don't see him coming back down to the MVC level. He will likely fill in at another power team.
                            Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Issa Samake was a funny one with Drake. Only played in one game this year. At Drake he had a redshirt year, played in 20-21, was hurt in 21-22, and played one game this year. He’s been around at Drake a long time.
                              houstonbrave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X